PDA

View Full Version : 08 firecat string and cabe

chola
06-28-2009, 12:48 AM
What am I looking for when i purchase new a string and cable?
Is it single yoke, or double yoke or..?
I am afraid I know nothing of the terminology when it comes to the cable and string.
I just want new stuff on my bow just for my own piece of mind, also which brand would you recomend?

Thanks in advance

bfisher
06-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Before you go buying junky try doing a search on Archery Talk about custom strings. There are a mirade of makers and most are pretty good. I have used and would recommend Prostrings, Bucknasty, Vapor Trail and Winner's Choice. All are about equal quality.

Winner's Choice would be the most expensive at about $100/set. The others would run about $75. You can check with MeanV2 on Bowhunting.net for a price on Vapor Trail as he sells them at a reasonable price.

There is also H&M Bowstrings that go for about $50/set. I have no experience with them, but hear good reviews on several sites about them. I figure somebody has to be a guinnie pig so I plan on getting them as my next set. Then I'll know whether they are any good without having to ask somebody who may or may not have much experience with strings. You know, I'm talking about those people who post " I just got a set of XXXX strings and I just love them".

Any of the better known string makers would already have this information in their data banks, which would include the proper finished lengths and where to place the servings.

Martin refers to the cables as just cables. I would probably refer to them the same way. No yoke, just a single loop at each end just like a string. The shooting string is the same way.

chola
06-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks bfisher.....already checked into the boys at archerytalk this morning...am just waiting on some replies now:D