PDA

View Full Version : cheetah draw length

vanscott19
07-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi, so I've been looking into buying a cheetah so i went to the store to shoot one. The guy there set it up with the longest mod, f7 I believe which I figured to be 30" but it just didn't feel right. I looked up the specs on this site and found that the f7 on the cheetah is only 29". So why is the cheetah listed as a 25-30" draw bow if it really isn't? am I missing something?

bfisher
07-01-2009, 10:05 PM
You're not missing anything. The catalog is a misprint. If you're interested in 30" then step up to the Bengal. The Cheetah is too darn short anyway, especially for a long draw.

vanscott19
07-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Ok so when I went to shoot the cheetah they told me I just needed the right mod and it would be fine, but before I bought it I saw that the cable had a lot of wear or fraying after only a couple dozen shots at the store so they just ordered me a new one. I went back a week later, told them I wanted a bengal now to get the 30'' draw. set the bow up and shot it a few times, once again a tremendus amount to wear on the cable after just a few shots. the archery tech and I determined that it had to much cam lean and was rubbing on the cam during the draw back. so after all this I ended up going home with a new Diamond Black Ice. It's too bad, I was dead set on coming home with a martin. anyone else having these problems?

Dave308
07-06-2009, 05:03 AM
All the tech had to do was put a few twists in the cable to take out the cam lean.