PDA

View Full Version : 09 Bengal finish wearing off

Rainman
07-02-2009, 08:42 AM
I bought an 09 bengal back in April and the camo fimish around the grip is already worn off leaving a nice, shiny silver patch. I shoot the bow regularly, but not so much that this should have happened already. Anybody else have this problem or know af a remedy for it besides painting it. I would think that the finish should have lasted more than two months.

Rainman
07-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Or am I just being a whiner about normal wear and should just get some paint??? Either way, it's a great bow. I added a STS and stabilizer to it and removed the string leeches and the thing is quiet as a mouse.

eldermike
07-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Question: Do you shoot with a tight grip, or with your fingers and thumb off the riser, trusting your sling?

Rainman
07-02-2009, 01:53 PM
eldermike...thanks for your reply. I shoot with a relaxed grip, bow on the meat of my hand and fingers relaxed and off the riser. Just now thought of this, but it could come from carrying the bow during 3d shoots but I've only done 3 shoots since I've had the bow. Just seemed like an abnormal amount of wear to me given that I've had the bow for only 2 months now...maybe I'm just being overly critical.

eldermike
07-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I looked at my MOAB and my firecat, no wear at all and I shoot them alot.
I would take a picture of it, post it here, and call Martin and ask them to take a look at it.