PDA

View Full Version : Rubber cap on draw stop

wright44
07-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I have an '08 Firecat and just got to start shooting it again and after 6 shots the rubber cap on draw stop flew off and I still haven't been able to find it. does anyone have any ideas to keep it on if I can get another from Martin? Thanks

GRIP-N-RIP
07-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I've had the same problem with my Warthog. I put a wrap or two of black tape on the cable guard. Work's great!

wright44
07-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks, I'll have to try that if I can find another one.

bowgramp59
07-09-2009, 08:05 PM
it's a vacumn cap , you can get them at any automotive store!

bearagone
07-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Been there, when I got my new bow, i had a hell of a time keeping that rubber piece on my bow! Every third shot it would go flying thru the trees!

Adjusting it properly may help, remove the rubber stop and align the string with the center of the rod - this is more accurate than aligning to the rubber piece.
About 1/16 inch gap between the string and the rubber stop works for mine.

My new warthog had the same problem, even with it adjusted perfectly the string would still get past the end of the stop every once in a while, this does nothing for your accuracy.
If the string gets past the end of the stop, the string will then try to pull the rubber piece off the rod.

As a quick fix, get it adjusted correctly and apply a drop of RTV to the rod before replacing the rubber stop.

The limbsaver replacement rubber stop is a much better piece, and since installing it the problem has gone away. It seems to capture the string much better. Take a look at the Limbsaver piece and I believe you will see right away why this part works better. It cost me about $10

Good Luck, Bearagone

Montalaar
07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey, they are talking about the rubber on the draw stop, not on the sts. ;)