PDA

View Full Version : center shot

madlaz
07-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Can anyone tell me the distance to the center of arrow from the rubber riser window on a 2008 fire cat thanks in advance iam a new martin owner

Rockyhud
07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't have access to me bow right now so if no one answers soon I'll try to take a measurement this evening and reply back. One thing I do know is center shot is NOT centered over an imaginary centerline of the riser. It's somewhat left of center (for a right hand bow) due to the draw string coming off the cams to the left of center. I've never seen a left hand Firecat but I would imagine it to be the same distance out from the riser, just on the opposite side.

bfisher
07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I have a blade set at just about 15/16". Hope this helps.

By the way, when tuning I do not move the rest from it's dynamic center. I use the limb bolts and adjust the poundage. At whatever weight my bare shafts tune that's what I shoot. Poundage is just a number.

Rockyhud
07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I just checked mine and center shot is just a smidge over 7/8". I measured this with the end of a tape measure butted against the vertical rubber shelf cover material to the center of my arrow rest fork. Hope that helps. From my measurement and Barry's, with both being very close, that should get you very near your final position too.