PDA

View Full Version : Pantera conversion

hotrod26
07-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I have a problem with my Pantera conversion. I am changing to a Cat cam system with 08 Slayer 13" limbs. Based on info I have gotten off of AT I was told that the lengths should be: Cables 41.25 and string 57.50. I just tried to install those cables and string and they are short. When the limbs bolts are backed out to where you can see daylight through the bolt nut the cable will hook up but is already tight. Does anyone have any experience with doing a conversion like this?

bfisher
07-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Don't know who you got the string/cable lengths from, but I'd go back and ask that person. Wasn't LeEarl was it?

The only thing I can say is that checking the 2009 spec charts even the lengths you posted are long, not short. The A2A of the 2007 Pantera is the same as the 2009 Warthog. The Warthog has Cat cams so with the same
A2A the string/cable lengths for the Warthog should work.

As to why the cables were tight when hooked up? I don't know just where and when I read it, but I think it was about the Warthog, that it is one of the few bows that needs a bowpress to completely disassemble. In other words it isn't like most Martin bows in that backing out the limb bolts all the way does not relieve all the pressure on the limbs.

Barring any major findings on your part, being as you already have the strings I'd just put it in a press and put it together and see how it turns out.

wisecane
07-09-2009, 06:00 AM
You can easily disassemble the Warthog without a bow press. Scepterman and I have done it to mine many times.