PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah

twindragon
07-10-2009, 11:25 AM
JUst got the bow from caballs. Shot it now for bout a week and when i draw back the cams are silent. When I let off slowly the top Idler Wheel makes a slight dragging or grinding sound. it also has Martin CCS Cable Containment System
dont know if thats any help? And the string comes off the top cam at an angle.

Dave308
07-10-2009, 12:18 PM
You need to take the lean out of the top wheel.

Dave308
07-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Here ya go, read this,

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=4315&highlight=lean

twindragon
07-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Here ya go, read this,

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=4315&highlight=lean

WOOT thanks im still truning :) but Huge diffrence already! still have the cam noise though almost sounds lieke a berring

Dave308
07-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Do you have your sts set up properly? Some times you have to play with it to get it right.

twindragon
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Do you have your sts set up properly? Some times you have to play with it to get it right.

not shur caballas already had it on there as far as i can see i dont see any ajustments that can be made on it it just 2 alen screws in a slotted groove so cant move it upor down and loosining any of the screws to straigten is causes bad noise id have to get shimms

Dave308
07-10-2009, 02:33 PM
No thats you ccs. Your sts is this. Sometimes you have to move it in or out to get the noise down.

twindragon
07-10-2009, 02:44 PM
No thats you ccs. Your sts is this. Sometimes you have to move it in or out to get the noise down.

ohh sorry i miss miss read last one the noise i get is on slow release from the Idler Wheel.

ok ok i see where i got you confused sorry.

bfisher
07-10-2009, 04:13 PM
The STS has nothing to do with the noise you are getting. Run your finger around the inner edge of the top idler wheel. See if there is any roughness to it. If so you'll mprobably need a trip back to the shop to sand it down with a 400 grit sandpaper to remove any rough edge.

If you can't correct this then maybe have them call Martin andget a new idler wheel assembly.

If you have to do this I'd advise getting serving put on the string where it rolls over the idler. And it wouldn't hurt to serve the area where the string and cable pass through the rollers on the CCS.

twindragon
07-10-2009, 04:49 PM
The STS has nothing to do with the noise you are getting. Run your finger around the inner edge of the top idler wheel. See if there is any roughness to it. If so you'll mprobably need a trip back to the shop to sand it down with a 400 grit sandpaper to remove any rough edge.

If you can't correct this then maybe have them call Martin andget a new idler wheel assembly.

If you have to do this I'd advise getting serving put on the string where it rolls over the idler. And it wouldn't hurt to serve the area where the string and cable pass through the rollers on the CCS.

ya serving is what ill do anyways. But since i live in a small town and where i bought it, its 3 hr drive. will martin services it with out going to the dealer. The tag on the bow ses take it directly to martin. But be for i do im going to looses all the tention on the bow and freewheel the axil to see if im still getting the noise id have to take it off anyways to cheak for burrs.

Welp just got it back loose and WOAH!! burr City. This common on marten?its so bad. called martin wattn fior call back its rippled all the way around like this ((((((((((((( only on the left side RH bow so all the tention is more twards the left side. that cause it in 2 weeks of shooting? just in the little bit of sanding helped but man i have long ways to go

bfisher
07-11-2009, 03:58 PM
ya serving is what ill do anyways. But since i live in a small town and where i bought it, its 3 hr drive. will martin services it with out going to the dealer. The tag on the bow ses take it directly to martin. But be for i do im going to looses all the tention on the bow and freewheel the axil to see if im still getting the noise id have to take it off anyways to cheak for burrs.

Welp just got it back loose and WOAH!! burr City. This common on marten?its so bad. called martin wattn fior call back its rippled all the way around like this ((((((((((((( only on the left side RH bow so all the tention is more twards the left side. that cause it in 2 weeks of shooting? just in the little bit of sanding helped but man i have long ways to go

Before we get carried away here let me ask something. Just how much work are you capable of doing on your own? Reason I ask is because I'm wondering if the noise from the idler just might be because it's tight between the limb forks. Do you have a bow press or a portable one? Or maybe loosen the limb bolts enough to remove the string from the idler.

If you can do this then try spinning the idler wheel. Could be it's just tight between the limb forks. It shold spin freely with the string off. If it doesn't then try removing an E-clip, pulling the axle part way out, and removing one of the black spacers between the wheel and the limb fork. Then try spinning the idler again. If it spins freely then maybe all you need to do is make the spacer slightly thinner by sanding it, put it back together and try it again.

Make any sense?

twindragon
07-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Before we get carried away here let me ask something. Just how much work are you capable of doing on your own? Reason I ask is because I'm wondering if the noise from the idler just might be because it's tight between the limb forks. Do you have a bow press or a portable one? Or maybe loosen the limb bolts enough to remove the string from the idler.

If you can do this then try spinning the idler wheel. Could be it's just tight between the limb forks. It shold spin freely with the string off. If it doesn't then try removing an E-clip, pulling the axle part way out, and removing one of the black spacers between the wheel and the limb fork. Then try spinning the idler again. If it spins freely then maybe all you need to do is make the spacer slightly thinner by sanding it, put it back together and try it again.

Make any sense?

kk when i had the string off yesterday the idler pully didnt spin freely ill cheak it again

ok took it off and noticed one of the dust covers on the berring is dished in. thats the probblem there causing dragg on the berring. ty