PDA

View Full Version : Martin Slayer Question

ryanyichen
07-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Was the slayer designed primarily for target, hunting........?

bfisher
07-10-2009, 04:15 PM
It was designed primarily to be shot. Probably for hunting, but makes a pretty fair target bow until they made it so short.

flytier17
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Speed. The Slayer was Martins speed bow. Some liked it for 3-D. Others liked it for hunting.

Personally, it is by far my favorite bow. I love mine. i hunt with it. It is solid and stably due to its weight and length, with ample power and speed to keep high penetration and flat trajectories. IMO, it excels at hunting the best.

For 3-D, it is great too. The NOS system with the 38" A2A was the best for this. However, it is pretty reflexed, which leads to less forgiveness. I prefer a forgiving bow over speed for 3-D, so I don't have a Slayer for 3-D. I'd rather estimate accurately, and shoot dimesized groups than rely on flat trajectory for distance compansation, and shoot larger groups. However, in the hands of many 3-D shooters out there, it is a deadly force to compete against.

For spots and field, it is not forgiving enough. Speed is of little value in ranged target, and forgiveness is paramount. Speed is synonomous with energy output. Some might argue that a higher energy output bow like the slayer may help shoot longer distances with the arrow in the air for less time, or to help spine a fat target shaft. However, forgiveness will go farther to help scores.

Alec