PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Cam Issue

Dirt Dart
07-12-2009, 02:10 AM
I purchased a Cougar Magnum with Nitrous Cams M-108 from Freddie Bear Sports on-line back in 2004 when I was deployed to Iraq.

Problem is...I'm a 29" draw and ordered the Martin with Nitrous Cams and 65% let-off. What I got was a H/L set-up with Nitrous C cams that even in position 1 will only reduce the draw-length to about 29.25". According to the chart those C cams should reduce draw-length to 28". What can I do to get the draw down to 28.75" or maybe even to 28.50" without going to a B Cam? I know a B cam may be impossible to find these days.

Since the past five years have been filled with numerous deployments and a two year Italy assignment, the bow has been used very little so I can assume string and harness is not stretched very much. Any advise?

Montalaar
07-12-2009, 05:40 AM
Although you think that might bw no issue please check the AtA and the BH. Are you sure you have the right specs for the right limbs? There have been longer limbs in these days than the 14" Magnum, so check for the limb length, too.

SandSquid
07-12-2009, 06:10 AM
You could twist up the shoot string and cables to shorten the draw lenght. that's about it unless you get some new cams.

I can swap you some "A" base cams for your "C" if it will help. but you are correct about finding any "B" cams.

--
V/R
SandSquid
OIF/OEF VI
Camp Anaconda

"One Team - One Fight"

scepterman30x
07-12-2009, 07:42 AM
If your cams are orientated correctly find some mini-mods, they will shorten each hole space by two inches.

SandSquid
07-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Let me do some looking around. I think I might have some mini mods.

Are you shooting a shoot-through or guide-rod set-up?

Dirt Dart
07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Guard set-up on the Cougar. It's not set up as a Nitrous "X". Oh how I would love mini-mods. Let me know...I saw some for sale in Australia but that's such a hassle to arrange from Iraq.