PDA

View Full Version : brand new martin bengal

Unregistered
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
i just purchased a brand new martin bengal from cabelas the cam is faulty and is tearing my string will they replace for free>>

Jake-the-snake
07-14-2009, 07:32 AM
since it is a solocam, is it the bottom cam that is wearing on your string, or is it the top idler wheel that is cutting your string. and to answer your question, no Martin does not warranty the strings, go out and buy a good quality set of strings and have them serve the strings where it seems there is the most wear on them, some pictures would help:)

SandSquid
07-14-2009, 12:36 PM
since it is a solocam, is it the bottom cam that is wearing on your string, or is it the top idler wheel that is cutting your string. and to answer your question, no Martin does not warranty the strings, go out and buy a good quality set of strings and have them serve the strings where it seems there is the most wear on them, some pictures would help:)

I'd address the issue w/the cam before I put on annother string.

bfisher
07-15-2009, 08:41 AM
I'd address the issue w/the cam before I put on annother string.

I agree. If there is excessive lean in the idler or the cam then a new set of strings, no matter how good, are going to only get torn up the same way. You address the prblem first. Then get new strings or just reserve the ones you have.

scepterman30x
07-15-2009, 09:26 AM

True Martin does not warant the strings; however I believe they will replace them at no cost (warrant them out of good faith not by contract specs if you will) if one can show unreasonable wear from faulty equipement.