PDA

View Full Version : need help w/ cam lean..

Coop
07-17-2009, 04:14 PM
If my cam is leaning to the left, do I twist the left side of the yoke? And how many twist will it take(I need to move the cam about a 1/8")...

Thanks in advance,
Coop

bfisher
07-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Right handed bow? Don't know what you mean by leaning left. First is it the cam or the idler? If it's the idler and the top is to the left then you put twists in the right side of the yoke.

Try this. Hold the bow in front of you. Put pressure on the right side yoke and see if this twists the limb to make it straighter. This should give you the answer.

I'll tell you what happens here--right handed bow. The cable rod/slide pulls the cable and string toward the right side of the bow. This causes the limb tips to twist. The left side of the yoke is effectively being made shorter. By twisting the right side you are equalizing the forces on the limb tips which straightens out the idler.

How many twists is always a trial and error thing. Usually the shorter the bow the more severe the limb twist, thus more twists needed. I've added 6 twists to a 38" SlayR. I've added 16 twists to my 32" Moab. You do what you gotta do.........

Hope this helps.

Coop
07-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I took your advice(as usual)... and the cams(furious dual) look much better...
I was able to put enough pressure on the right yoke, an was able to slip off the left yoke and twist it up...oh, I shoot left handed, S4 Elite....
All this new stuff they have now-a-days confuses me(LOL)....

Again.. thanks,
Coop

bfisher
07-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't let it confuse you Coop. Just do things methodically. Take digital pics when in doubt. You'll learn and do fine.

You should have said which cams and left handed. I would have been more precise. Guess you figured it out though.