PDA

View Full Version : online store

freddyd
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Hello fellas! I'm a newbie seeking answers. Hopefully the experienced ones can answer my questions.

I'm interested in purchasing a black left hand Firecat, 60 lb draw weight, 27 inch draw length from the online store.

Have others done this? What's the experience like? How long did it take? Shipping (USPS, UPS, FedEx)?

My local pro shop says Martin bows are on back order: 3-4 weeks. Perhaps ordering online is faster?

BTW, I currently shoot PSE and Diamond/Bowtech.

Thanks for the help!

freddyd
07-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Nobody has experiences buying a Martin bow from the Martin website?

alex
07-20-2009, 05:56 AM
May be not. My MOAB is from a shop. In the matter of fact i don't like buying without seeing the good. Touch the bow, hold it, feel it and draw it and then buy it - that's my philosophy... When i worked in a book shop we always sent the "not good enough" books to the online shop and left the good ones for our customers ;) and since then i ignore the online trade :D .

freddyd
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Ok. Thanks Alex. Interesting comments indeed.

May be not. My MOAB is from a shop. In the matter of fact i don't like buying without seeing the good. Touch the bow, hold it, feel it and draw it and then buy it - that's my philosophy... When i worked in a book shop we always sent the "not good enough" books to the online shop and left the good ones for our customers ;) and since then i ignore the online trade :D .

Montalaar
07-23-2009, 01:05 AM
You cannot say that online shops send out bad bows. I bought both bows online here in germany and those shops cannot risk their reputation...!

Jake-the-snake
07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
My dad ordered his bengal back in 2007 from online and we have not had one problem with it yet...

stickflngr
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Ording online should be faster and Ill explain why...

Martins store sells through Shopatron and Martin doesnt usually fill the orders themselves. We as dealers have to have the item ON HAND and we can bid on the sale(not the price, just fullfilling the order). Shopatron then awards the bid to the closest dealer to you that bid on the item and it must be shipped that day. Martin only fullfills orders on stuff that no dealer bids on after a couple days.

I hope that clears it up some:D:D Kenny

freddyd
07-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks Kenny! Yeah, I've read about the Shopatron system and how it gives pro-shops the opportunity to do business. Can the customer request the type of shipping? Where I live Fedex and UPS seem to do a much better job than US Postal.

Thanks for all your help fellas!

Ording online should be faster and Ill explain why...

Martins store sells through Shopatron and Martin doesnt usually fill the orders themselves. We as dealers have to have the item ON HAND and we can bid on the sale(not the price, just fullfilling the order). Shopatron then awards the bid to the closest dealer to you that bid on the item and it must be shipped that day. Martin only fullfills orders on stuff that no dealer bids on after a couple days.

I hope that clears it up some:D:D Kenny

stickflngr
07-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Yes, I think you can send an email to the winning shop with special shipping instructions. Kenny