PDA

View Full Version : Smoother Draw?

geronimo
07-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I have an 08 Cheetah @65 lbs....would the 09 Firecat Pro X be as smooth on the draw or smoother?

bfisher
07-20-2009, 06:57 PM
The FireCat has a more aggressive cam so should draw harder. However, I have a Moab w/M2Pro cam and a 2008 FireCat with CatCams and here is my opinion about them.

I don't think there is that much difference in the draw cycle of the two. The Cat cam does hold it's peak weight a bit longer and drops to the valley more abruptly, but it's not a harsh draw.

Most people do not compare draw cycles of different bows fairly. All they use as a comparison is how the two "feel" at a given poundage. What should be done is to compare two different bows set up to propel a given arrow at a given velocity.

For instance, my Moab has a softer cam but to shoot a given arrow at the same speed of the FireCat it has to be set for 7-8# more draw weight. So to get the same performance that "softer" cam doesn't feel as soft any more.

In my case I'm talking about a 42# Cat and a 49# Moab. This 49# is about the limit of my draw weight right now. Recently I've been able to shoot the Cat at 47# and that makes it 15fps faster than the Moab at 49#.

This is just my opinion of how bows should be compared. It certainly isn't gospel. But the way I see it poundage is just a number and shouldn't be written in stone just because it's on the bottom limb sticker. Heck, that's the reason for limb bolts.

Jake-the-snake
07-21-2009, 08:18 PM
I have shot the original Mpro cam and my bow has the cat cams, and il agree with bfisher, once you get the feel for the cat cams (which doesnt take to long at all) you'll appreciate it more and realize that these are some of the best cams ever made in my opinion, although im gonna say that the original Mpro is the smoothest cam i've ever drawn, but this is just my opinion, go out and shoot the bows and compare:)