PDA

View Full Version : Martin cougar maverick 3d

captureman
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I am bidding on Ebay on a Martin Cougar Maverick 3D,
Does anyone know anything about this bow?
is it any good, why is it discontinued?

bfisher
07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I just did a Google search, typed in Martin Maverick. Do the same and you should find it right at the top. Bow is at least 15 years old.

You ask why it was discontinued? How many bow companies do you know that keep a certain named model for more than a year or two any more? Look at it this way. Bow XXX comes out this year as a new model. Next year that model is discontinued asnd replaced by model XXXX. The most noticeable change is the logo (name) on the limb and maybe a change of camo color. OH YEAH, and price change. But to think anybody would manufacture the same model for over 15 years is living in LaLa land.

Captureman
07-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I had known the answer to my question, I would not have asked it. No I am NOT living in La La land. I did not know the bow was that old. My first question on the forum and I do not get an answer but a sarcastic remark,

Jake-the-snake
07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I dont think bfisher was trying to be sarcastic, but maybe you didnt know it was discontinued, most people know that bow names dont last more than a year or two, and you never know maybe in a year or two, Martin will introduce a new Maverick, as most of their bow names were from bows that they produced sometime back...