PDA

View Full Version : Z-Cam Modules

aYak
04-12-2006, 09:55 AM
When my local Martin dealer orders in 'a set of modules' for me from Martin for $20, will that include ALL of those from 2x - 9x on a pack? Or will he just get in the particular size I need?

The reason I ask, is I'm changing a Martin Jaguar M62 (~2000) with Dual Z-Cams from 8X to 7X, but there's a chance I'll need to go 6X. "A Set" are on order from the dealer, but there's a question as to what to expect from Martin, just a total of (2)-nylon 7X mods, or the pack that usually comes with each new bow. By the way, Joel, I've got another bow with your 'signature' on it.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

JoshB
04-12-2006, 02:52 PM
You can get either the plastic mod pack (part #3024) or a single pair aluminum (part# 3025). They should cost about the same

aYak
04-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks Josh, I specified the black nylon ones over the aluminum (but didn't know what part # was ordered, or what the description for it was), and I know nylon may be easier to strip out, but boy what a difference when you shoot the right draw length. All this time, it took me going to a recurve (also a Martin) for a few months to realize I had my drawlength set too long on my compounds. That part # info was really helpful. You guys keep up the good work out there.

aYak
04-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Boy I'm glad you told me what to expect based upon what was ordered...

My helpful dealer called me to tell me they came in, and when I went to pick them up, before I got there, they had pulled out the 7x nylon modules of the pack, put a bread tie on them, and 'had them ready for me'.

When I got there, I asked for the COMPLETE SET WHICH I PAID FOR, and only then did they reach in the drawer and give them to me. This was especially odd since I had to convince them when I ordered them they were still considered a Martin dealer !!!:eek: