PDA

View Full Version : Martin's Speed bows...

Jake-the-snake
07-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Just wondering what your guys opinions are...How fast do you think next year's speed bow model will be for Martin? do you think they will have a new cam system, or is the CAT cam here to stay for awhile? id like to here your guys's opinions:)

Desmond
07-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Now that MATHEWS has came up with the "hyped up" Reezen, I guess they'll come up with something to compete with, but it will be on 11'. I don't think we'll see anything much different from what we have now on 10', but I hope MARTIN proves me wrong. I was interested in the WARTHOG at first, but for me it's like looking at a 35" A/A SLAYER with CAT cams with 15fps difference :( That's why I didn't buy it. I would love to see an upgraded version of the NITROUS CAMS or to see a totally new "top of the line" bow that shoots 375fps. :eek:

On the other hand,
since I logged in this forum, all I've seen are issues with quality, cam lean, string fraying cracked limbs and so forth with the most commercially pushed models that are the Cheetah and Firecat. It's a shame that it's almost an everyday discussion here. With this said, I honestly think that MARTIN should worry more about quality assurance and customer service than faster bows. I started bowhunting with MARTIN bows and will always do, even though it will mean to hunt with my current bows and not with any of the newer ones to come due to lack of quality on them. I do not pretend to ruffle some feathers here, but it's just my humble opinion and I'm not sorry for it. :)

Jake-the-snake
07-26-2009, 10:57 AM
all bow companies have issues, and the ones you hear about here on the Martin tech forum are just a handful, mathews solocam have cam lean, and the monster has such fragile cams that at first when they were shooting it the cams would fly off and shattter, Hoyt's alphamax has the same problem with the draw module cutting up the serving along with the mathews monster, and last year bowtech had a huge issue with their limbs all bow companies have their problems, and my dad has been shooting martin for almost twenty years with no problems at all, none, its just a handful of bows that have a sharp module, or a bad string... so dont get discouraged just yet:D:D

Montalaar
07-27-2009, 12:17 AM
I do not want any more speed bows.

Why do you all give up about comfort if you hear speed? This extra speed gives you nothing! As long as the arrow will reach your traget/deer it is good enough.

I do not understand why people want to shoot bows with an AtA under 35" and a BH of under 7". Maybe you like to hit your own forearm with the string (which may also hit the shelf each shot). Martin needs more bows with a longer AtA as there are only two bows which i can shoot at this moment. Slayer and Mystic. Both offer me nothing that is comparable to my Razor-X.

dbd870
07-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Why do you all give up about comfort if you hear speed?

I don't care for the speed bows either and for hunting I'd agree they aren't necessary; that agressive draw curve doesn't appeal to me at all when it's 35deg out! . Now if your are a serious 3D shooter you can't do things like rangefind the area ahead of time and the extra flatness of a speed bow is more forgiving of errors in distance judging - particularily if you are shooting the farther stakes. I can see why they like them. I'm not against them - I just don't have the need for one.

Jake-the-snake
07-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Of course almost every company has a speed bow, but they also offer smoother bows for the hunter, such as Martin's bengal and moab, and the CAT cams aren't really as aggressive as what everyone sees them as, i wasnt really trying to start an arguement, i just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on what next year's speed model will be...

eldermike
07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I am a traditional shooter who also owns a couple of cam bows. Correct me if I am wrong but the whole idea behind cams in the first place, was speed?. I mean at some point my long bow becomes a much better idea than all those cams, clips, screws and gagets, right?

I shot my 08 firecat at a 3D fun shoot about a month ago and took first place with it. I think I had the only Martin bow at the shoot.

ranger53
07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, I have a new saber and I like it very much. It shoots faster than anything I have and to say the least ,is very accurate. That is all the speed I need. Saber might be on the low end, but it's just fine for me!;) Anyway, if your broadheads aren't sharp, it's a mute point!:D
Tommy

madlaz
07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Yes i like speed dont need mach speed my firecat just fine after tweeking at as per AT to me now draws as smooth as moab but much quicker.who in their right mind wants to buy speed bow that shoots 365fps and kill paper or an animal dummy and spends 1500.00 on a bow all equipped out,in this economy at the present to me its funny how peaople brag on theyre overpriced bows in on most forums . You will its the same group movrng from forum to forum lots more browning,bear,pearson people out there that dont or cant afford the big 5 have you heard these people speak up no because they will feel like an outcast because they are not in the click. Laz

Troublemaker
07-27-2009, 11:24 PM
OK! MY Turn!

I need the speed! lol. No joke! So the faster the bow the better.....WHY?? DRAWLENGTH!! If you have a short DL you need a fast bow to make up for it.
My cheetha gave me 230fps with a 420g arrow. 26"DL 70#:mad:
My Alien-X gives me 272fps with a 450g arrow. 65#.....better kinetics and penetration!!:cool:

Thats all for now.....greetings from the dark side!;)

Montalaar
07-27-2009, 11:51 PM
For anybody with a longer draw length (29+) those lower braceheights are kind of unshootable!