PDA

View Full Version : Why is there information missing from Martin Tech Charts?

cherryju1ce
07-27-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm trying to build a bow and come up with string and cable lengths, and the lack of information on Martin's charts are making that very difficult. For example, the Mystic Mag with Mini M-Pro cam info isn't on the charts, and the information for the 2007 Leopard with Mini M-Pro cam isn't listed either. I'm trying to build a 2008 Slayer Extreme with the 2007 Mini M-Pro cam, and am having a hell of a time coming up with string and cable lengths. Also, I know that the Scepter IV with Mag limbs and 2007 Mini M-Pro cam was used by some shooters, so what were the string and cable lengths for that setup?

Montalaar
07-27-2009, 11:52 PM
You might wait for sceptermax to answer you or go over to Archertalk.com and try to pm LeEarl for some help.

bfisher
07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
LeEarl is probably your best bet. And the reason you won't find such info is that everything you are trying is a custom setup. It's something that Martin shooters seem to always try something special with different riser, limb, cam configurations. You just can't expect Martin to have all this stuff and then list all the specs. Now, LeEar on the other hand........

Just a little rib from me, but why would you want to take a completely superb bow like the Slayer and ruin it's one asset (speed) by changing to an MPro cam? Shame on you.

scepterman30x
07-30-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm trying to build a bow and come up with string and cable lengths, and the lack of information on Martin's charts are making that very difficult. For example, the Mystic Mag with Mini M-Pro cam info isn't on the charts, and the information for the 2007 Leopard with Mini M-Pro cam isn't listed either. I'm trying to build a 2008 Slayer Extreme with the 2007 Mini M-Pro cam, and am having a hell of a time coming up with string and cable lengths. Also, I know that the Scepter IV with Mag limbs and 2007 Mini M-Pro cam was used by some shooters, so what were the string and cable lengths for that setup?

I have this same setup and it shoots great. There are no factory specs however using my formula if there were factory specs they would be:

string-95"
cable-39.25"

Note: from my experience it would be better to add an extra inch to the string length to facilitate getting the 3/8" string to cam groove clearance and if its a litte long there is plenty of string length to twist up to make it shorter if you so desire.
That being said I would make the string and cable as follows.

string-96"
cable-39.25"

Let me know what you do.

Scott

cherryju1ce
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
LeEarl is probably your best bet. And the reason you won't find such info is that everything you are trying is a custom setup. It's something that Martin shooters seem to always try something special with different riser, limb, cam configurations. You just can't expect Martin to have all this stuff and then list all the specs. Now, LeEar on the other hand........

Just a little rib from me, but why would you want to take a completely superb bow like the Slayer and ruin it's one asset (speed) by changing to an MPro cam? Shame on you.

LeEarl has never responded to my PMs about Martin configurations, so I won't be asking him again. The Leopard with mini M-Pro cam isn't custom, but for some reason, the information is still missing. Same story with the Mystic Mag with mini M-Pro cam...I mean it was even listed in the catalog; shouldn't that warrant some simple specs on the website? The Slayer with Nitrous cams is a shooter no doubt (and I still have one for 3D), but this configuration that I've come up with is literally as smooth and quiet as a Switchback, but is longer, heavier, and balances way better. From the speeds that I've achieved from it, the IBO with the mini M-Pro is about 315, so it's not a dog by any means.

I have this same setup and it shoots great. There are no factory specs however using my formula if there were factory specs they would be:

string-95"
cable-39.25"

Note: from my experience it would be better to add an extra inch to the string length to facilitate getting the 3/8" string to cam groove clearance and if its a litte long there is plenty of string length to twist up to make it shorter if you so desire.
That being said I would make the string and cable as follows.

string-96"
cable-39.25"

Let me know what you do.

Scott

I ended up finally coming up with some string lengths just by heading down to my local shop and using some stock strings until I came up with attractive ATA, BH, and cam rotation. Here's what I came up with...

Slayer Extreme with 13" limbs and Mini M-Pro cam
36" ATA
6.25" BH
92.5" String
37.5" Cable
68# Peak weight with 2H limbs
27" DL with F5 Module

Like I said above, it balances unbelievably well, is extremely quiet, and has virtually zero vibration upon release. I'm very excited about it actually...

scepterman30x
08-11-2009, 06:26 AM
LeEarl has never responded to my PMs about Martin configurations, so I won't be asking him again. The Leopard with mini M-Pro cam isn't custom, but for some reason, the information is still missing. Same story with the Mystic Mag with mini M-Pro cam...I mean it was even listed in the catalog; shouldn't that warrant some simple specs on the website? The Slayer with Nitrous cams is a shooter no doubt (and I still have one for 3D), but this configuration that I've come up with is literally as smooth and quiet as a Switchback, but is longer, heavier, and balances way better. From the speeds that I've achieved from it, the IBO with the mini M-Pro is about 315, so it's not a dog by any means.

I ended up finally coming up with some string lengths just by heading down to my local shop and using some stock strings until I came up with attractive ATA, BH, and cam rotation. Here's what I came up with...

Slayer Extreme with 13" limbs and Mini M-Pro cam
36" ATA
6.25" BH
92.5" String
37.5" Cable
68# Peak weight with 2H limbs
27" DL with F5 Module

Like I said above, it balances unbelievably well, is extremely quiet, and has virtually zero vibration upon release. I'm very excited about it actually...

That would put my specs right about spot on since I was giving them to you for the 14" mag limbs at an A/A of 37.75" or so. Glad to hear you got it straitened out.