PDA

View Full Version : Question about 09 limbs

Unregistered
07-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I have an 08 Firecat that had limbs replaced recently...the dealer said that they sent 09 limbs for the bow, but I read on another forum that the marking would be 4M on the 09 limbs...these show 4H. The limbs are rounded on the edges (where they attach to the limb pockets), which is different from the squared limbs of 08, but I wondered about the numbering. Also, the new limbs have one that say "Pro X" and the other says "SE". Are they different? Thanks for the help.
John

radtuck
07-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I registered now...since the post said "unregistered", I thought I should fix that.

Montalaar
07-27-2009, 11:55 PM
The ProX on the (lower?) limb is for the Firecat, as it is a part of the bows name. The rounded edges should be the only difference between the 08 and the 09 limbs. If you had 4M limbs and you got 4H you will have an increased draw weight of approx. 6# or vice versa.

The "SE" does not make sense to me at this moment but you should not worry about different limb lenghts etc as there are only the short 13" Magnum and the long Elite limbs at this time.

radtuck
07-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Thanks! I appreciate your response.

bfisher
07-29-2009, 05:15 PM
There is a reason for the difference in the limb deflection. The '09 model has the CCS, which calls for a lighter limb to get the same poundage. The limb from an 08 should show an increase of about 5# on an 09 model.

If things fall in line, compared with my '08 FireCat (50#,1M limbs), then 4M limbs on your '08 should peak at 65#, whereas 4H limbs should peak at 67-68#.

Montalaar
07-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Right!

I always forget about this darn CCS as i do not really like that...

bfisher
07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Right!

I always forget about this darn CCS as i do not really like that...

I'm not all that crazy about it either, but who am I? just like the Nitrous cams, Martin doesn't even offer them anymore, and they were probably the most popular cam ever devised. The cable rod system has been around for so long it just seems old-hat. I'd rather shoot an X system, but barring that the old rod/slide does essentially the same as the rollers, but with more simplicity. You know what they say----KISS.