PDA

View Full Version : roto cup limb pockets

daho
07-30-2009, 10:23 AM
I would like to know if the limb alignment system is totally reliable befor I purchase a firecat,I like the symplicity of it but have concerns of the pin in the riser recess holding alignment due to low surface area,it appears the pin fits into a groove,and I would think the pin might get flat spots from vibration and torque where it fits in the groove, any takers?

bfisher
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
I've had my FireCat 1 1/2 years and see no problems, but then I'm not tearing the bow down to look either. Being as the pin is stainless steel and the riser is aluminum I have serious doubts that the pin would wear flat spots on it, but you never know. Here again, it's not really much of a pivot point, but I can see what you are saying about some wear due to vibration.

Still, all I can say is that my bow has been shooting fine since day one with the only changes due to my constant tinkering.

daho
08-03-2009, 03:34 PM
thanks for the reply,durability in that area is critical for me,Ive had some problems with a old super slam with plastic rockers.The wear area I'm concerned with is the riser pin into the slot of the rotobushing pivot bar.I do like the simplicity of it.

bfisher
08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I see what you mean. I have come up through the days of plastic rockers under the limbs. The days of brass cam (wheel) bushings, then plastic (Delrin). Fortunately I never wore any out, but There could always be a first time. I honestly don't think it will become an issue with the Roto-cup. There may be other issues that crop up over the long haul, but I doubt that the pin wearing would be one of them.

sgt.pinkerton
09-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I have a Quest, in the riser under the very end of the limbs, there are 2 wallowed out round devits. It looks to me like there are supposed to be some type of balls or bearings in place there. Anybody have any ideas?

Montalaar
09-25-2009, 12:11 AM
If your quest has one of the more modern cams i would say that you have a 2005 Quest. Or atleast around that year.

If you are asking for the two holes in the limb pocket you should take a look at the limbs. The fitting limbs have two holes in it where metal globes are attached to that will fit in the limb pocket to provide perfect fit without any movement.