PDA

View Full Version : String off

c400bronco
08-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Just bought an 08 martin trophy hunter and about 1 out of 5 times its pulled back(to check feel, draw length ,# etc.) the string comes off the idler upon release. This is my first bow so pardon my stupidity, but I cant figure out why its doing this. The limbs and cam, and pully all seem to be ok but something is most definatley wrong here. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

brushrat
08-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Just bought an 08 martin trophy hunter and about 1 out of 5 times its pulled back(to check feel, draw length ,# etc.) the string comes off the idler upon release. This is my first bow so pardon my stupidity, but I cant figure out why its doing this. The limbs and cam, and pully all seem to be ok but something is most definatley wrong here. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi. This is more common than you may think. With most bows having Hi- letoffs (80%) , it is quite easy to inadvertantly hold it off to one side or the other while letting down. It might be best to do that with an arrow in place in case it gets away from you it wont dry fire and break a limb. (always point in safe direction ,of course). Just concentrate on keeping the string aligned with the cams when letting down.

you probably didn't hurt anything, just check your string good before you re-install it. :)

c400bronco
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the input brushrat!

davydtune
08-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Is where the string goes over the idler wheel served? I know some bows went out with out serving and they have been a little more prone to slipping off if you torque the bow at full draw or let down..