PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an '08 Firecat

NewNYBowhunter
08-09-2009, 01:30 AM
I just bought a new in the box '08 Firecat, was measured by the dealer, and found out after I got home it's not a 30 inch draw model I wanted, it's a 29. He set it up, and I hate to fell like an *** for not having my glasses with me , but I didn't notice the draw length ( so much for trusting the dealer). I made the mistake of using cash for this purchase, and I have the deposit part of this screw up. I'm wondering if The modules can be swapped out to give me the proper draw length. I do have the box it came in, and want to register my bow for warranty purposes. I purchased this bow after reading whatever I could find on the newer bows, and the reviews it got basically put it in front of several others. The specs for this bow only states a different cam module between the 25 - 29 inch draw length and the longer draw between 29 and 30 inches. Can they just be swapped out? The rest of the specs seem to be all the same. Besides, I don't want to lose that extra 10 fps right off the bat
Thanks for your answers

hotrod26
08-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Yes the mods can be swapped out. The long draw mod (29.5-30") has 2 additional holes in it marked 8 and 9. All you have to do is remove the 2 screws holding the mod on and replace with the long draw mod on both cams. No bow press is needed. I have a brand new 08 I haven't been able to shot yet because of surgery.

NewNYBowhunter
08-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info on this, I thought I was going to have to get nasty with the dealer for trying to rip me off intentionally, because he was going away for a hunt and just grabbed up my cash to have fun at my expense.
I can't wait to go hunting with this bow. once I'm set up, I'll feel more confident on having a flatter shot than the old bow someone let me use last season.

On another note, is there any way to set the hard wall back a little further?
Thanks

hotrod26
08-09-2009, 02:02 PM
If you will go to the AT forum and look at this thread it will answer a lot of your answers. I am a newbie when it comes to the cat cam. www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626601