PDA

View Full Version : Ra # 306061

bruceh68
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
What the blazes is going on??? I sent my MTTD riser to Martin with the limb lockdown bolts. To get new limbs made. Got it back today without them. I have no way to attach the limbs to the riser. Who is the stupid idiot at Martin that did this??? I can not use the bow till I get the lockdown bolts returned. RA # 306061

RogerSr
08-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that when you send a riser back to Martin you take every thing off of it, there is not just one person that Handel's that item, so if you had something on it god only knows were it went, so I don't think you should blame them.

Hanksv
08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Call them. They will probably drop new bolts in the mail immediately. Posting here won't do you any good.

bruceh68
08-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I had new limbs made and they needed the riser. I sent the bolts because they are the hand tight ones with the big knob on the end. They would need them for fitting the limbs.
How could this be common knowledge unless you send to them often ???
They did not say don't send the bolts... Yes they are to blame because they requested the riser and common sense dictates a good fit of the limbs would include the original lockdown bolts that I would be using with them.

I thought it was common knowledge that when you send a riser back to Martin you take every thing off of it, there is not just one person that Handel's that item, so if you had something on it god only knows were it went, so I don't think you should blame them.

RogerSr
08-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I have been dealing with Martin since the 1960s, and any time you send a bow part to them you strip it, or not get it back, then you have to call them, and if it's not a after market part they will send you one, every one I know knows this, as for the bolts, I'm sure Martin has bolts around there that will fit your bow,and all bolts of that kind are the same! so yes it is common knowledge in some circles

SandSquid
08-16-2009, 07:48 AM
So, not once but TWICE do we have FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

If you read the front page of the forums it clearly states:

Get answers from Martin equipment owners like yourself. You don't need to register to post a question. If you would like to register, you will receive an E-mail when your question is answered. NOTE: Martin Tech support does not answer questions raised on this website. Martin Tech Support is available Monday - Friday, PST 8:00A - 4:30P via the Martin Website contact page, or by phone.

SandSquid
08-16-2009, 07:50 AM
common sense dictates.

common sense is anything but common!