PDA

View Full Version : 2009 moab center point

boomslag
08-15-2009, 07:54 AM
need to know where the center point is for this bow can't find it in the book help needed thanks

boomslag
08-15-2009, 06:24 PM
thanks guess you don 't even know your own bows

bfisher
08-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Well, some of us have jobs and other things to do. We're on here to help. It has nothing to do with whether we know our bows or not.

As for center point? What do you mean. Bows do not have a center point. Are you asking where to set the rest for centershot or what? If tht's the case then the measurement should be about 15/16" from the sight window as measured from the rubber shelf pad. Then you may have to move left or right a little during the tuning process.

boomslag
08-17-2009, 04:33 PM
thanks i was being a lttle inpatient but i had a 3d shoot yesterday and i needed to make it shoot good again some how my rest got moved

bfisher
08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
So did you get it fixed? And if so was it a centershot problem or did the rest get moved vertically? In any case here's a trick that you can use in the future. If the bow has been tuned and sighted in and something happens where the rest gets knocked out of whack all you have to do is adjust it till it is shooting to the same point as where your sights are set.

Another good thing is to measure where and how everything is on the bow once it is tuned. Try A2A, brace height, poundage, draw length measurement, centershot of rest, nocking point height. From here you should know how high the kisser button and/or peep is above the nocking point. What you use for reference for these measurements is not important; just that you record the measurements and remember how you took them. Another thing you can do is draw a pencil mark on the side of the cam(s) where it/they pass through the limb fork (cam orientation), as this can help you relocate the cam position for draw length purposes.