PDA

View Full Version : martin magnum limbs, mine cracked anyone have a set they wanna sell

Unregistered
08-15-2009, 05:48 PM
i have a martin magnum bow and one of the limbs cracked, elk season starts in 3 weeks i really need a new set if you have any info please lett me know thank you.

RogerSr
08-15-2009, 05:57 PM
First off, what model of Martin bow, and what poundage are the limbs

montana_bowhunter
08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
ROGERSR, well im not to sure what model it is all is says on the limbs is martin magnum and its 60 to 70 pound limbs, thank you

bfisher
08-15-2009, 08:18 PM
ROGERSR, well im not to sure what model it is all is says on the limbs is martin magnum and its 60 to 70 pound limbs, thank you

Can you post a picture? When did you get the bow. In other words how old is it?

montana_bowhunter
08-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Can you post a picture? When did you get the bow. In other words how old is it?
im pretty sure it's a older martin i think it's a Martin Jaguar Magnum, i got it from a friend last year for 60 bucks i just noticed it has a little hair line crack right in front of the idler wheel going down the limb it's about a inch long all it says is martin magnum lett me see if i can find a picture, or is there a way to fix the limb myself??

bfisher
08-16-2009, 03:03 PM
I doubt you could actually repair the crack. Maybe possible to drill a hole through the glass which may stop it for now, but it's not something I would recommend.

Something you might try. Go to Martin's website and look back through some of the older catalogs to see if you can find a pic of your bow. If you find it tell us what bow you have.

Something else you can do. Back out the limbs far enough to see what number/letter is on the side of the limb butt. It should be on one side right under the limb pocket. Another is to measure the length of the limb, which should be 14" or 16" if the limb is straight.

Let us know what you find.