PDA

View Full Version : Started off good

ranger53
08-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Went to a 3-D shoot today. The first 5 were awesome. All 10's. Then, the bottom fell out. :mad: Totally missed the 6th. shot high. The next , I got a 5, but got back on my game and shot another 10. Then the rain came. That kinda screwed me up. It got heavier, and we took a break, from the rain. I figured that a break might be what I needed. WRONG! I managed 3 12's, but the damage had been done. I was upset, and I tried to shoot through it, but to no avail. I got another shoot this next weekend. I'll just keep plugging away. But, I'll be practicing all week. Hope this coming weekend will be a better one. :rolleyes:
Tommy

bfisher
08-24-2009, 01:35 PM
How many 3D shoots have you been to? If you're new let me assure you that you will get better. Work on guessing yardage and when you have the yardage figured then have faith in it and execute our finest target shot. And usually your first guess at the yardage will work.

Remember that this is supposed to be fun. Don't get all flustered or you'll eventually face burnout.

ranger53
08-26-2009, 08:56 PM
heavens no, I've been shooting 3-D for about 14 years. It's just this year, I have really taken a interest in 3-d and be more competitive. I know it's not the bow , but the operator. :eek: I do tend to get stressed, but some times I can shoot through it and sometimes not. A friend told me to have fun and relax. i guess I get my self too uptight!;)

Skbengal
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Ranger you did well!I went to my first 3-D shoot this year and didn't finish.Started out good a few 10's,then it happened!Branches were reaching out snatching my arrows midflight!Ran out of arrows by the 15th target.Great experience though.Gave me a whole new appreciation for an arrows tragectory and how much even a blade of grass can deflect an arrow.Keep it up!