PDA

View Full Version : Need to pick a new broadhead for my Moab

bubbacrabb
08-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I purchased a 09 Moab this year and am trying to decide what broadheads to go with. I have looked up every broadhead immaginable. I was shooting Jackhammer expandables, and always had luck with them. I understand that hard angle shots are a disaster for them. So I thought about Rage, pretty shady reviews on them, as with the grim reapers. So Im considering a fixed blade. Im from the midwest and now live in AZ guys shoot 70-80 yards like its normal, can a fixed blade fly that far accuratly? I dont think my moab is to fast for a fixed blade to fly well. Any thoughts on this would be great. Flying home for a whitetail hunt in IN then chasing javelina's and Muley's out here shortly after need to get rollin.

slinger
08-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I've always had great success with Muzzy's. They are tough as nails and always fly well for me.

RogerSr
08-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I've been using Magnus for years,the ones I'm using now are the Stiners and Buzzcuts, they fly like target points, even with a fifty pound bow I get
pass thrus ever time, on deer

Montalaar
08-17-2009, 12:30 AM
As long as your bow and arrow are tuned very well every broadhead will fly the same as field tips.

I use different Silverflames and they fly great.

Jake-the-snake
08-17-2009, 06:29 AM
I could never get muzzy's to fly straight, but i use Slick Trick Magnums and i have only tried them out to 50 yards, but they hit the same spot as my field points so im not gonna complain, as i live in wisconsin and anything past 35 yards is not often talked about up here, most shots are within 20 yards lol...but i would still stick with the Slick Tricks, passthroughs on everything for me so far

Desmond
08-17-2009, 10:43 AM
SLICK TRICK is what ya' need. Specially when they cost about half of what the majority of the over rated broadheads costs and even better reliability. They do fly true. I have shot them up to 60 yards with no difference from field points

mr_magnum
08-17-2009, 02:53 PM
i use a very larger variety of broadheads, mostly because i am a strong believer in that one broadhead cant do everything, and because i spend weeks tuning my bow till it shoots everything perfect. i use alot of idiot proof broadheads, a.b.c. sonics for long range but smaller animals, slick trick's for long range but tougher animals, crimson talons for short range and if its windy i will use a rocket aerohead expander. most recently i switched back to aluminum and got my hands on a new pack of thunderheads. back in the day i used the thunderhead and the spitfire for everything. but they are both broadheads that need a good tuning and they both really are meant for aluminum arrows.

bubbacrabb
08-17-2009, 03:18 PM
thanks guys, i think im going to go with a fixed blade for sure. I just need to shoot out to atleast 60 yards. I was just curious if a moab could throw a fixed blade that far accuratly, I presume they will. So now i just need to get down to the store and get some and start shooting them. I'll let ya'll know what i went with thanks for all the great ideas.