PDA

View Full Version : Left Handed 2006 Slayer Extreme

jimw
08-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm changing my 2006 Slayer into a 2008 C.A.T. Model. I ordered the C.A.T. cams from a Martin dealer. He sent me right handed cams and said put the bottom cam on the top of the bow and the top cam on the bottom of the bow. Is that the way the bow was originally sold in 2008? Will their suggestion work correctly? Or are there left handed C.A.T. cams? I already installed the 2008 limbs. Thanks for your help!

Desmond
08-20-2009, 05:33 AM
My SLAYER is an LH 06' too. If I may ask,...
Did ya call MARTIN TECH line for advise on this? (which I assume)
How much you paid for them "CATs"?
Do them CAT cams really fit in them limbs?
I bought mine as a 70# , but never got more than 64# of DW out of it. Recently when I finally got rid of the original strings for custom ones, I found out that my limbs are 5H and not 6L as it should be. :mad: Are yours 6L?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm really interested on how you do with your bow's changes. :)
You should call MARTIN's Tech line and see what they say.

bfisher
08-20-2009, 07:17 AM
My SLAYER is an LH 06' too. If I may ask,...
Did ya call MARTIN TECH line for advise on this? (which I assume)
How much you paid for them "CATs"?
Do them CAT cams really fit in them limbs?
I bought mine as a 70# , but never got more than 64# of DW out of it. Recently when I finally got rid of the original strings for custom ones, I found out that my limbs are 5H and not 6L as it should be. :mad: Are yours 6L?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm really interested on how you do with your bow's changes. :)
You should call MARTIN's Tech line and see what they say.

Desmond, there is only a slight difference in your limbs. 5H to 6L is only about 2-3# difference. How about checking the A2A and brace of the bow. It's possible the string/cables aren't twisted up enough to get the proper preload on the limbs.

Jim, be careful about changing those cams. It's not just as easy as you think. To use the Cat cams you should change the limbs also. Cat cams require newer limbs with reinforced limb tips. The reinforcement looks almost like a pop rivet through each limb fork near the end. Your present limbs are not designed to handle the extra force put on them by the Cat cams.

wisecane
08-20-2009, 08:32 AM
He says he has '08 limbs installed....I wonder if he ordered reinforced?