PDA

View Full Version : Do 09 martin moabs need bowpresses to be worked on? adjusting draw length?

stoop14
08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
I was just wondering if the 09 martin moab needs a bow press to change the mods for the draw length, or does it need to be in a bow press to move the cable too the other notch to do 1/2" draw length adjustments? Or does it need to be in a bow press to change the string? I was told to buy a martin because of how user friendly they are, since i don't have a pro shop anywhere near me

RogerSr
08-22-2009, 03:35 PM
No, you do not need a bow press to do any of them, you can even change the limbs without a bow press, all you do is back the limb bolts out till you can see daylight through the barrel nuts, to change the draw length mod just take the two screws out and change them,

stoop14
08-22-2009, 05:03 PM
what about moving the cable to the half inch peg does that take undoing the limbs or a bow press?

RogerSr
08-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Just back the limb bolts out till you can see light through the barrel nuts,back them out a few turns at a time, first one side then the other,when you can just see through the nuts stop, take the cable off and put it on the other one, and tighten the bolts back up,thats all there is to it,
have fun!

stoop14
08-22-2009, 06:56 PM
now could the bow string come all undone if i screw up loosening the limbs? and what are the limb bolts haha

RogerSr
08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Just don't take the limb bolts all the way out! and watch were the string is, make sure that the string is on the cam and the wheel when you tighten the bolts, the string will not just come apart.

stoop14
08-22-2009, 07:36 PM
i think thats kinda silly how you don't need to do all that work to change your draw by a inch but you do if you need half a inch more or less.

RogerSr
08-22-2009, 08:31 PM
most of the time people change in one inch increment, and their are some bows that have half inch increments on their mod's, but not this one, you can also go one inch longer and use the draw stop to adjust it back down,but that will change your letoff, good luck.