PDA

View Full Version : NOS Plastic Module

Montalaar
08-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey!

I just had the idea to make me a second set of modules to be able to convert my second set of Nitrous Cams to the shoot through system.

As i have no possibility to make them out of aluminium i thought about making a module set out of plastic. What do you think about it? We all know that the MPro Cam was sold with plastic modules also. In case of a NOS Cam the tension on the single module will be reduced by 4 as we have 4 of them?

Any thoughts about that?

Simon.

bfisher
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
You'd have to be one heck of a machinist to get them all the same. I would assume you aren't thinking of using a rat-tailed file to do this, right? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. It'll give you something to do when you're not on the computer. You could concievably even reshape them to make a different draw cycle.

Montalaar
08-26-2009, 01:46 PM
No i am not planning to do it with a rat-tailed file... :P

I had some leftovers from a block of Polyoxymethylen (POM) in black. I already finished the outlines of the Module today and will continue tomorrow with cutting the module out of the block. I would like to change the draw cycle to a bit harsher one but in this case i would have to change the original modules also. But we will see, maybe i will play with it.

I will do my very best to get a perfect working copy of the module. At least i can try it. :)

Will keep you up to date.

Montalaar
09-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Just to keep you up to date.

Finally finished the first module just before i met the guy that owns the Martin pro shop in germany. Luckily he had a set of X-Modules left that he sold me. No need for plastic any longer. :)

bfisher
09-01-2009, 07:13 AM
So you wanted a set of X-mods. Here, all this time I thought you were trying to change the draw cycle of the feel of the Nitrous cams or get better performance.

Montalaar
09-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I wanted to do that, too. But if i have the option to get a set of X-Modules instead of a slightly harsher NOS-Cam... I would rather choose the X-Mod. ;)