PDA

View Full Version : Help me build my first 3d bow

irtmks
09-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Ok, by the end of this post, my lack of knowledge will really be evident.

Old guy here! Never even pulled a bow before last month until my son in law got me going. I shot one arrow from his right handed (I am left handed) Bowtech 65#. I am sure now I could work with a 40-50 pound left handed bow. I really want to do the 3D thing. I have shot a lot of sporting clays and skeet.

Time is a little pressed as I have a few medical problems. So, I have spent days researching brands and decided on a Martin Mystic with furious cams. (Seems little or no Martin dealers where I live, so I ordered out!)

I need to equip this thing for 3D. So far I have ordered a SureLoc Ultimate 400 with 4x scope, QAD HD drop away rest, found a Stan (Stanislawski) shoot off release on Craigslist.

Ok Humor me here! I am not planning on taking the sport by storm, if I ever made it to a podium I am most likely too feeble to crawl on to it. Just want to have a good time and not look ridiculous. (With what I have so far maybe I already do?)

Help me build the rest of the bow…..Stabilizers for 3d? (How do you know which length?) Me walking around dragging a 17 foot spike seems like a problem. Arrows for 3D? Gadgets and other stuff I might need? I already have fixed an emergency pill bottle to my release for easy accessibility.

I appreciate any advice I can get. With any luck I will soon be slaughtering rubber animals everywhere.

comstox
09-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I think the best thing to do is get out there and start doing it. When yer out you'll see other guys. Ask them questions, look at their bows. I'm not sure what your financial situation is but don't go too elaborate at first. You can always upgrade later. You will in fact want to get the right arrows for the job. Do you have a bow shop kind of near to you? About a stabilizer? you'll have to find one that 1) looks good, and 2) like you said, one that's not too long... like being too long would be a problem for a guy:rolleyes:

Again, my advice? Just get out there and do it! You'll be great! and most of all... having fun doing it!

All the luck to you,
Glen