PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar DynaCam Damaged

Michigan Bow Hunter
09-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi fellow archers.
I just purchased a used Martin Jaguar with the DynaCam. After shooting one arrow in it and it not sounding right I further inspected the bow to find the DynaCam where the string makes the last bend before attaching to the button on the cam was damaged. It is basicly split in two where the string passes through at the end, with jagged edges against the string, with string passing through and into that hole you see at the last bend. Well thank God it didn't explode on me when I fired it and am now wanting to find a replacement cam. And is this something I can install myself as I am out of work but in need of fixing this before the season starts.

Best I can figure, it's a 2006 bow? A-A is 32.5, 55-70 lbs, 80% letoff, brown and green camo pattern.

Thanks for any help

Bart

alex
09-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Bart, i think you can do it, just look careful and remember (or better take some pictures) of the position of the string and cables. There are some good videos in Youtube from a guy called Learl which can help you.

bfisher
09-08-2009, 08:53 AM
For a new cam you might give customer service a call and asj for Joel or Jake. You never know what magic they can come up with. Other than that you might find one by checking the classifieds on Archery Talk or just posting a question. With over 100,000 members someone might be able to help.