PDA

View Full Version : strings

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 11:22 PM
What kind of strings do Martin bows come factory with?

slayer69
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Martin makes their own strings, Double Helix strings!!

PLASTIC PAUL
05-08-2006, 12:08 PM
They are some of the better factory strings out right now. I like mine better though:D .

Lifer
05-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Paul.....no doubt, yours Rock!

But allow me to state that Martin Double-Helix strings are made, by Martin, from a proprietary material produced exclusively for us by BCY. We call it Double Helix and it is a special blend of materials that provides performance while eliminating stretch and creep.

PLASTIC PAUL
05-09-2006, 12:35 AM
As much as i like making my own stuff, I have to admitt none of the factory strings have given a bit of trouble and the workmanship has been excellent. The end servings are very tight and neat.

Montey Jessey
05-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I just got these green and gold Stone Mountain strings slapped on my C4 Cougar. I think they are pretty tough!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/rompnandstompn/DSC02383.jpg

hans
05-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Martin makes their own strings, Double Helix strings!!
the cables on my 05 shadowcat (I recently bought this bow as nearly unused)are served with a very tiny clear serving,looks a bit like dental flos to me)
I haven't seen something like this before on a bow.
is this standart on these helix strings?

PLASTIC PAUL
05-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Not to my knowledge, DBL Helix is something new for 06. It sounds like someone put a custom set on there served with Halo or something similar, is it flat or round ?. I use a very fine serving as well but it is not clear.

hans
05-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Hey Paul,
maybe the pic can tell you wether its are factory strings or custom build strings.
I think the end servings are #62 0.021
the thin serving that is wraped around the cables (not on the string) became clear by the tension of the serv. if I would take it of, i geuss it would be white like dental floss.

hans
05-21-2006, 12:17 PM
endservings

Prowler
05-21-2006, 03:36 PM
I was just going to ask a similar question. I bought my first bow last spring. It's a 'Prowler SE', (2004 model I bought brand new as a holdover) and I don't know what kind of strings it has. If Martin's DH strings are new for '06, than obviously it's not the one on my bow. Mine is showing some fraying and peep movement, and will be replaced very soon, so I was wondering what string I have now, because I don't want another one! Right now I'm considering Vapor Trail and Wolfden strings, but being a relatively new bowhunter, I am always open to suggestions!

PLASTIC PAUL
05-22-2006, 01:13 AM
The strings you currently have could be from almost anywhere, but they do look like the factory strings Martin was suing. There is really no way to tell for sure though.

I have been building strings for myself and some friends. I will have my string business up and running pretty soon. If you are interested in me doing some work for you let me know.

Just a side note, in the past the strings were the first thing staff shooters changed and in some cases before the bow was ever shot. The new strings Martin is using make this less of an issue.

hans
05-23-2006, 06:40 AM
The strings you currently have could be from almost anywhere, but they do look like the factory strings Martin was suing. There is really no way to tell for sure though.

I have been building strings for myself and some friends. I will have my string business up and running pretty soon. If you are interested in me doing some work for you let me know.

Just a side note, in the past the strings were the first thing staff shooters changed and in some cases before the bow was ever shot. The new strings Martin is using make this less of an issue.
If they look like the factory strings, then it will probably be factory strings, (I bought the bow as good as unused).
the overlay serving on the cables did me wondering that maybe it could be called X-coat like you can see on the "winners choise" website.
anyways, those strings are not that bad, I timed the bow when I got it, still no changes noticable there, peep rotations is also as good as nothing.
the end servings don't separate, just the center serving was slipping open and I had to redo this.
I really appreciate you offer to build me a new set, but I must say I ususally build my own strings. right now I'm waiting for the X- modules to make it a shoot trough system, in the mean time I 'm building the new cables....

PLASTIC PAUL
05-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Building your own is aewesome !! I really enjoy shooting with strings i made myself !! If i can help any, more let me know.

mkd
06-10-2006, 12:08 PM

Would be interested in building a set of strings for my 2000 Phantom

PLASTIC PAUL
06-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I would enjoy the opportunity to do so. I love making strings for Martins because the numbers i need are gnerally one phone call away. Do you have any colors in mind. Drop me a PM with whast color the bow is or what colors you want and i need the distance from your bottom cam loop to the center of your nock point. I like to center up nock servings evenly on both sides of the nock point. I charge $50 for as ful set including shipping.

mkd
06-12-2006, 01:43 AM
I will send you my info at the end the month when I get paid. Will you accept a Money order as payment? Thanks I will be keeping in touch. Also can I just PM you at archery talk .com when I am ready, I see you are a member there also.

PLASTIC PAUL
06-12-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm just about unavoidable on the archery forums. Yah you can PM me at At or here or PM me and i will call you. A check would be fine. Thank you for your interest !!