PDA

View Full Version : 09 Firecat lower limb split today

tood s
09-13-2009, 01:25 PM
my 09 Firecat has less than 50 shots out of it. Today i go to shoot it and I hear a click sound. I check the bow out to see what may have caused it, only to discover my lower limb has a crack right up the edge of the bow.. After ONLY 50 SHOTS !!! I got the bow in March and I keep it in a hard padded case.. I'm less than 4 weeks away from the season and now its gonna be back to the drawing board for sighting in and tuning.. I know Martin will fix this but I hope it doesn't take 4 months to do it.. By the way i only have the bow set @ 63# with arrows @ 417gr.... I hope the new limbs are more reliable.....

hunter1964
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
WOW sorry to hear about this, sucks. I have a friend who has about 12 Martin bows, some from the 90's and he has never had a Martin Limb crack on him. Well like you said Martin will take care of you and good luck.

flnative75
09-14-2009, 07:50 AM
I just had the same thing happen with my Firecat they will take care if I explained my situation about my hunt as well and they were quick to get me back in the saddle 2 day shipping to Florida from Washington state? great response

tood s
09-14-2009, 08:43 AM
took my bow to the dealer today... I hope its a quick turn around.... I think Martin sends limbs to the dealer and not the dealer sending the bow to them..

Jake-the-snake
09-14-2009, 10:32 AM
My dealer just got the limbs under RA, or replacement and i got the bow back in a week, and i did not have to re-tune the bow:D

bfisher
09-14-2009, 02:59 PM
tood,

I'm from Pa. so can tell you that if Martin gets the limbs out right away it'll be about a week till they get to your dealer. They have no way of pushing UPS any faster than UPS will go. One week is the normal shipping time for anything I have ordered.

Wish ya luck in hunting season, dude.