PDA

View Full Version : slayer with cat cams - where is cam located on axle?

drtracker
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I have a a right handed Slayer with CAT cams and I noticed that the spacers to the left of the cam on the axle are thin (~ 1/32" thk.) , thus making the center shot, way left of center. The spacers to the right of the cams are thicker (~ 1/8" thk.). I was wondering if the spacers are on the wrong sides of the cams. However, if I swap them around, I may not be able to get enough cable clearance for the vanes.

Can anyone tell me the correct set-up?

hunter1964
09-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Did you go to Tech Info. on the home page, you might find your answer there. Good Luck.

bfisher
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I tried reversing the spacers just like you are thinking. The problem with this is that it does move the string groove closer to the center of the limb, but at the same time it reduces the angle to the cable slide/rollers that cables have to have to clear the module. If the cables rub the module then it's going to cause excessive wear on the cable serving.

The fact that the string groove is far to the left doesn't hurt a thing, at least with today's present engineering. It just means that you have to set the rest to the left to get a good dynamic centershot.

Vane clearance wouldn't be an issue. There are ways to compensate for this. For one, you don't have to shoot high profile vanes like Blazers. You can shoot low profile vanes like Bohning or Duravane LP 400. They're only 3/8" high vs 9/16" for Blazers. The other way is to replace the cable rod with Martin steel doglegged model that allows for adjustment.

drtracker
09-16-2009, 01:56 PM
bfisher

Thank you for your response and I can see what you mean about cable clearance. I guess I'll continue shooting it the way it is. Thanks.