PDA

View Full Version : Targets

AlienX
09-15-2009, 09:01 PM
:o So tonight as i was shooting my usual 50 arrows at a target i thought it would be fun to shoot a golf ball :o Well i guess that isnt such a great idea as it cost me 2 arrows the first 1 glanced off the top of the ball and hit the nock end on the floor blowing the end of the arrow apart. Should have stopped there but OOOHHH no gotto kill the ball well i nailed it... got a nice full penetration with the point of the field tip just peaking thru i hit bout 1/4"low and 1/2"to the right making the ball spin faster than the arrow will and snapped the arrow off right at he end of the insert. so if any of you guys get bored and figure a golf ball is a good idea..... its not

i know this has nothing to do with tech but thought i would share

bfisher
09-15-2009, 09:08 PM
You're right. Nothing about Tech, but we need a good laugh once in a while. Thanks for sharing.

Now, next time you get such and urge try your hand at ping-pong balls instead.

AlienX
09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
yeah i think ill just keep on goin with "lite brite" pegs just put a trouble lite at the bottom of the target and they glow enough to see at about 15-20 yards allot cheaper :D love my Alien X it just a little hard on fletching

Montalaar
09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Pingpong balls work. But i am used to take apples for that. Every fall a friend of mine and me are going outside and try to "kill" the apple. 18m to start going to 90m if everything works. :)

Quite funny...

Yesterday i shot a cork.... Very funny, too.... Maybe i will post up the picture soon after i have found the card reader to get the picture....

eldermike
09-16-2009, 08:49 AM
I see no good reason to quit at 2 trys. If you hit dead on center the spin issue would go away. But then you still have the problem of pulling an arrow from a golf ball.:D

Montalaar
09-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Here you can see the arrow and the cork. The cork was hanging around 2m in front of the target and was swinging around. It was the first arrow i shot. As you can see it went through the cork for some part and between the yarn and the cork (the hole thing was really tight...).

alex
09-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Great shot, Simon! What was the distance?

Montalaar
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh, i think it were only 18m. The cork hanging 2m in front of the target so that it might be 16m while swinging around 1m from the left side to the right side.

alex
09-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Ooo, we have a Robin Hood here :D Don't be so modest-"only 18 metres". Hit a swinging cork at that distance with a compound! That's a hell of a shot!

flytier17
09-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Indeed, I'm impressed. to hit a target that size at that distance is not all that hard. But a moving target? That is indeed a shot to be proud of. I doubt I could do that.

Alec

Ooo, we have a Robin Hood here :D Don't be so modest-"only 18 metres". Hit a swinging cork at that distance with a compound! That's a hell of a shot!