PDA

View Full Version : Ccs or no ccs

Unregistered
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I have been seeing a lot of post in which there are probems with adding the CCS onto the bows. I have a 2009 Bengal and am thinking about putting the CCS on it. I have already put the STS on and love it! Are there any major benefits with having the CCS or would it be better to leave the cable rod on it?

bfisher
09-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, for one thing I don't think the CCS will fit your bow. To mount the CCS there has to be a slot about 1/8" deep and 1" wide machined in the riser. Does your riser have such a cutout?

I've got a bow with each and I'm not sold on the CCS. I don't even like rods and slides, but at least they are simple and easy to fix if anything happens to them. Heck, you can buy a new slide anywhere.

Chrislsimms
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes, the 09' Bengal will accept the CCS. Is the purpose of the CCS just to reduce noise and vibration? Will it put any additional stress on the limbs?

RogerSr
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
The CCS will add about 5 lbs to the draw weight, as if you have 70# limbs you will have 75# with the CCS, so yes it may put a little more stress on the limbs, but not much.

Chrislsimms
09-17-2009, 08:25 AM
I know that if you install a 1/2" longer split cable, according to Martin, that it will do away with the extra draw weight from the CCS. I am just not sure of the major benefits of the CCS :confused:.