PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood shots

jpermenter
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I saw a post in the tech forum of a pic of an arrow through a cork so i thought i would start a thread for everyone to post their robin hood shot pics, I wll start it off with the only actual robin hood I have had, I was at Bass Pro in Tulsa shooting and got this one, best part it was with a couple of their arrows so it didnt cost me anything and they let me keep the arrows.

ezbite
11-23-2009, 10:25 PM
HEAAAY!! i can put one up from just the other day, my first in over 20 years(i just started shooting again 2 weeks ago.lol.)

SandSquid
11-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Ive been shooting since 1982 and never gotten a "true" Robin-Hood . Lots of busted nocks and split/damaged shafts but nothing that "stuck together"
until this week.

Monday I had to rebuild the shoot string on my P3/Elite/Nitrous-X I found some split and one broken strand in the bundle while waxing.

Tuesday, I was "shooting in" a new string I built, at 10 yards and really clacking them together so I decided I better move out to 20 before I ruin any arrows.

Adjust my sight, first shot at 20 is a dead spider, Second shot clang, Robin-Hood!

The owner of the shop yells, "I think your string is fine!"

So, today I decided it's time to start shooting my (super-thin) Victory NanoForce arrows since that's what I'll be competing with this season. These are exactly "low dollar" arrows, even with being on Staff for Victory. I also decided to shoot pin-nocks and bushing just for the added protection bushings offer from Robin-Hoods... one arrow, adjust sight up, another arrow adjust sight a bit more up, hit the 5 ring, adjust a bit up more and break the X ring line, 3 more clicks and I'm solid in the X, last arrow goes "clack" into the previous one in the X, and I hear something plastic bounce off the opposing side walls of the range. Brand new Soma Pin nock, just shot for the first time ever, gone. Brand new pin bushing, just shot for the first time ever, destroyed. Brand new, just shot for the first time ever, Victory NanoForce arrow saved by the pin bushing!

I really think I need to start shooting 5 spots again.

SandSquid
11-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Done last year with her (left handed) ShadowCat/Elite/Nitrous-x

ezbite
12-15-2009, 07:24 PM
heres a "close but no cigar"LOL:D:rolleyes::D

JT38off
01-24-2010, 06:17 PM
nice pics guys, ive came real close but no cigar yet. i keep tellin myself if i get one ill never shoot at the same circle twice in a row again, arrows are tooooo expensive..

RLW
03-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Well I can finally add to this.............just put new Winners Choice strings on my '09 Martin Bengal and was re-tuning.....and got a lucky shot.

ezbite
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
i was out shooing the alien X today at 25 yards and i heard that funny sound, woohoo!!

alex
04-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Great shot ... and hat :D

software
04-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Nice pictures you got there bud :cool: