PDA

View Full Version : Timing does this look right?

Dave308
09-21-2009, 02:36 PM
I set the timing up on my cam but I'm not sure if its right. I put about 20 twists in the cable and it feels like it is pulling harder now.

Bart Thring
09-22-2009, 07:09 AM
What type of bow is it and what cams

bfisher
09-22-2009, 08:04 AM
I never paid attenton to the MPro cam, but this looks like an M2Pro. You have it wrapped up pretty good and it should get about it's best performance where you have it set. It should also get the most letoff. Just remember to set the draw stop correctly for a very solid wall and give it a try.

If you get too much noise and/or vibration you might want to shorten the string or lengthen the cables till you find a sweet spot, especially for draw length.

Dave308
09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the input. It is the M-Pro 2 on a 09 Moab.

I was just worried I had it to far forward.

Dave308
09-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Alright, I did some measuring and my ATA is 1/4" to short. Can I take some twist out of the string to fix this?

bfisher
09-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Looking at the cam as is I'd say not to untwist the string. That will make the draw length longer and over rotate the cam. Check the brace height and the draw weight of the bow with the limbs bottomed.

If the draw weight is high and the brace height is also high I'd say to untwist the cables a bit. More than likely you're going to have to work together with both string and cables.

See what those measurements are before starting anything. And FYI, I'm not certain on some of this. Just telling you what I'd try and see what happens.

Dave308
09-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks Berry, I'll play around with it when I get some free time.

Hoosieroutdoorsman
09-23-2009, 12:22 AM
ATA lengths for any bow is approximate measurement, as long as your draw length is good you should be ok, 1/4 inch won`t make a big difference in the bow, my cheetah is 1/4 inch short to get the max poundage correct, brace is only 1/8 long.

Hanksv
09-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Don't forget to let us know how much difference advancing the cam timing made. I need to add some twists to the cable on my Cheetah, but I'm not touching anything until hunting season is over. I would kind of like to know if it is worth the effort before I do it.

bfisher
09-23-2009, 07:59 AM
ATA lengths for any bow is approximate measurement, as long as your draw length is good you should be ok, 1/4 inch won`t make a big difference in the bow, my cheetah is 1/4 inch short to get the max poundage correct, brace is only 1/8 long.

This is true. Specs are approximations of where a bow performs the best. I never get all excited about them. With my short draw length and such I set the bow close to start with. Till I get done twisting things around to make the bow fit me and feel good to me it's not always on specs. In this case, I set it for me and then shoot it to see how it performs both for speed and accuarcy, accuracy being foremost. After I'm done wiht all the tweaking I then take all the necessary measurements for future reference, in case I change strings or something, and record them. The specs are what they are for me. I make my own.

Dave308
09-25-2009, 07:38 AM
I got out yesterday and shot it a few times. The noise level did go down noticeably.

The pull weight maxed out, went from 71# to 73# on 70# limbs. Does this sound about right.

timtim146
10-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok so i have an 09 cheetah and i really like the draw stop idea but it just doesnt feel really solid to me. I mean it feels good just not super solid. Maybe it is the fabric that they put on the limb for it to hit? but it just doesn't feel really solid like people say??? Any help appreciated

bfisher
10-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Ok so i have an 09 cheetah and i really like the draw stop idea but it just doesnt feel really solid to me. I mean it feels good just not super solid. Maybe it is the fabric that they put on the limb for it to hit? but it just doesn't feel really solid like people say??? Any help appreciated

You might have to move the draw stop to shorten the draw up just a little. Keep inching it forward till you like the feel.

I had a Moab and tried to shoot it without the draw stop and htted the feel. I then played around with the stop till I got the bow to fit my draw length and the wall was very solid.

That little felt pad will get indented eventually. It's there mainly to keep the stop from marking the limb.

timtim146
10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah thats what i figured but wasnt totally sure i wanted to know before i tinkered with it lol. But its at my drw length about perfect but if i move it up a tiny bit im sure it will be perfect :] thanks