PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah limbs

currentman
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi, I purchased a "Bone Hunter" (which I was told was a cheetah) at Dicks, it was advertised as 40-55 pounds, but when I got it home and opened the box the stamp on the limbs says 55-70 :eek:

after a few back surgeries i can only pull about 48 pounds.... is there a way to buy the 40-50 pound limbs so i can shoot this bow ??

bfisher
09-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Why don't you take the bow back and see if they'll trade it. Afterall, you didn't get what you paid for. In the vent that isn't an option then you can get limb directly from Martin or through a dealer. Even Dick's should be able to order them. Just for your information though, Martin limbs have a 15# range so you would want 35-50 limbs.

currentman
09-21-2009, 05:58 PM
thanks for the reply, would you happen to know the rating for "5L" limbs??

bfisher
09-21-2009, 06:16 PM
thanks for the reply, would you happen to know the rating for "5L" limbs??

I can't give a particular range for those limbs. Limb ranges are dependent on what riser they are on and what cams are used. What's the limb deflection number on your bow right now?

RogerSr
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
5L limbs on a Cheetah should be about 70#

currentman
09-21-2009, 06:34 PM
5L limbs on a Cheetah should be about 70#

yep, and thats what mine maxes out at.............

I did talk to Dicks, and they told me that while they did advertise the lower poundage, that martin shipped them something else, so it is not their fault, so I am out of luck :mad: I am going to call a Martin dealer tommorow and see if I can get the 35-50# limbs and how much they will cost

bfisher
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
You know something. Dick's is blowing smoke up your butt. I don't care what they say about Martin shipping the 70# bows. You went in to buy a 55# and they knowingly sold you a 70# model.

The only way they can be excused is if the box it was shipped in was marked 55#, which would be very uncommon, as standard bows are shipped at 50, 60, or 70# increments.

In either case I still say Dick's should at least swap a 60#'er for yours. I guess so much for the particular box store you are dealing with.

Maybe a call to Martin customer service would help. Ask for Joel and explain things to him. Don't be afraid to tell him the BS that you got from Dick's. No guarantees, but he may just swap limbs with you. You shouldn't have to buy new limbs. FYI they retail for $198.

jpermenter
09-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Agree with Bfisher on this one, I dont know what Martin would tell you but, legally it is not their issue, IF martin sent them the wrong bows then it is their responsibility to take that up with martin. In this case they told you it was one thing and was not, I would go back to the store and speak to a manager, legally, at a minimum they must exchange it for what you paid for, if not they would have to refund your money. Hope you get it worked out but DO NOT go buy different limbs. Make the store do the right thing.

alex
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Go back to the shop and if they don't change the bow make the quarrel of the century :cool: The limbs are the most expensive part of the bow and it's totaly unacceptable to buy new ones because the dealers sold you something else but not what you've bought.

Hoosieroutdoorsman
09-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Gotta agree with the others, when you go in ask for the manager, explain to him what you were told and then ask him if his employees play every customer for an idiot, and I would say it a little louder than normal, don`t yell, this usually will bring about a lets get this guy taken care of and shut him up before the rest of the store hears him. Another point you can argue is the quality of the salesperson that sold you the bow, you told him the poundage you needed and he grabbed THAT bow, why would he hand a guy a 70 lbs bow when he asks for a 50? Plus since they said it was Martins screw up they are still the seller and it is THIER responsibility to conact Martin and get this straight not you.

bfisher
09-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I see we're all on the same page here. I hate to rattle on about box stores. IA few years ago I worked in a Gander Mt. store and we had a pretty good crew in the archery dept. The manager hired guys who knew what they were doing.

Management left us run it as we pleased as they didn't have the knowledge we had. The point is I would not have sold you a 70# bow or made any other excuses about what the manufacturer had shipped. I was always honest with my customers and I built a customer base built on trust. Plain and simple, he made a sale and was happy, but you the customer are not.

currentman
09-25-2009, 04:34 PM
heres the update, after several call to the corporate office, Dicks did finally allow me to return the bow, apparently they are liquidating archery in my area which is why they didnt want to take it back in the first place :mad:

however, during this whole process I did contact Martin, their response was to tell me that i could take it to any archery shop, and they would handle doing a limb exchange :D I was absolutely astounded by their desire to make me a happy customer, and now I know first hand what everyone says about the great customer service martin offers.

I appreciated this offer, but felt it was unfair to the company, which is why I pushed for dicks to refund my money, HOWEVER........ now that i have my money back, and now that I have been put in touch with a Martin dealer, I will be taking monday off work to go and purchase myself a new Martin bow from a Martin dealer (I am thinking Moab), they have won theirselves a new customer!! Thanks Martin!!!

jpermenter
09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Great to hear! I assure you, (if this is your first martin) you will be happy when you have the bow you want and get it set up. nothing better. Hope everything goes well with the new bow.

Grasshopper
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
If everything worked out good for you, if not I purchased a Cheetah Mag with 45-60lb limbs I would trade for 60-70.

Grasshopper
10-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Sorry I missed the second page, glad everything worked out for you.