PDA

View Full Version : Cam comparaison

crag
09-22-2009, 05:58 AM
All things being equal, DL & DW, will I get more speed out of a nitrous A with regular mods or a B with mini-mods?

also at the same draw weight, 50-55#, is there a noticabel difference in the draw cycle between the 2?

Montalaar
09-22-2009, 06:42 AM
In my eyes the A-Cam might be a bit softer than the B-Cam. Also the B-Cam with Mini-Mods might deliver a tad more of energy as the A-Cam. But remember that a larger cam will need a higher deflection number on your limb.

bfisher
09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
All things being equal, DL & DW, will I get more speed out of a nitrous A with regular mods or a B with mini-mods?

also at the same draw weight, 50-55#, is there a noticabel difference in the draw cycle between the 2?

In my experience the B cam will draw easier at the same draw weight, but Simon is right about one thing. If you presently have A cams, putting B cams on will definitely drop the weight range the limbs are capable of.

That being said I do think that the B cams are the more efficient (faster) of the three sizes and adding mini-mods to get you in the upper end of the cams draw cycle helps with performance over standard mods.

crag
09-22-2009, 08:09 AM
In my experience the B cam will draw easier at the same draw weight, but Simon is right about one thing. If you presently have A cams, putting B cams on will definitely drop the weight range the limbs are capable of.

That being said I do think that the B cams are the more efficient (faster) of the three sizes and adding mini-mods to get you in the upper end of the cams draw cycle helps with performance over standard mods.

Thank you.
I currently have B cams, but I am in the last hole of the module and i am close to the DW I am looking for. But my mods are the HL and I do not have enough holding weight, so I need to find some mini-mods. was considering buying some A cams or getting a string to shoot my furious.
heard that if I move to the top end of the mods I will gain some DW, is this correct?

anyone have a set of 65% X mini-mods they would like to sell/trade?

bfisher
09-22-2009, 09:05 AM
When you say you are on the last hole for draw length do you mean the short side? If so then you'd definitely gain something with mini-mods. They shorten the DL range by 2". However, if you are looking for more holding weight you might want to consider 65% mods----if you can find them. I honestly don't know if they ever made 65% mini-mods but that would probably be a better option.

crag
09-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Barry,
I am in the last hole to the short side of the regular mods.
I had found one person who had a partial set of the 65% mini mods and that is what I am trying to locate. if I cannot find them I may buy the A cams and bump up my DW a few #'s to get to where I want to be.

have you set up the S4 mag yet?

bfisher
09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Nope, I had the pleasure of owning an S4 two years ago and the unpleasant experience of losing so much muscle that I could not draw the bow even at 40#. Therefore I sold it without ever having shot an arrow out of it.

It's a long story and I'm recovering nicely.