PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Limbs & Cams

MCO
09-22-2009, 06:26 AM
My older Bengal I just received has 6M on the limbs and I would like some info on what this means. The cams are z cams and I see a 6x on the draw module what is the draw length. The Bengal is a 98 I think. Thanks for the Help

Montalaar
09-22-2009, 06:40 AM
6M ist the deflection number of the limb. A certain limb rating leads to a certain draw weight on a certain bow. ;)

bfisher
09-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Nice try Simon, but he is asking about draw length of a 6X module. You did get the limb info right. I can't rightly answer with any certainty. This was before I became slightly familar with Martin bows.

The older catalogs on Martin's website only go back to 2001. I'll do a little checking there and see if I can learn something new. If I don't come back then it shows how dumb I am.

bfisher
09-22-2009, 07:55 AM
OK, I checked all the catalogs listing Z cams and drew a blank. I guess I'll leave it up to someone with more experience with Martin bows.

MCO
09-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks for looking, I have comb through there site and nothing. I tried calling yesterday but no answer had to leave msg and have not returned my call. I hope I am not over my head with this older bow. will keep trying. But what it looks like is I could put the fury cams on it, and make it a little faster. Anyone with experience with the fury cams!! This looks like my bow here http://www.martinarchery.com/bows1998/beng.html