PDA

View Full Version : Changing Drawlength

Scattergun2570
09-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Is it difficult for a person who has no experience in this?

alex
09-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Depends from the bow model, but the answer is NO ;) - just change the module.If you tell us what's the bow, a more detailed explanation can be given.I can tell only about the M-pro cams, but there are more experienced Martin owners here who know all the cams :)

Scattergun2570
09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Depends from the bow model, but the answer is NO ;) - just change the module.If you tell us what's the bow, a more detailed explanation can be given.I can tell only about the M-pro cams, but there are more experienced Martin owners here who know all the cams :)

The Bengal

RogerSr
09-22-2009, 03:50 PM
You just remove the two screws that hold the module on the cam,change to the module you want, put the screws back in and your there.

Scattergun2570
09-22-2009, 08:56 PM
You just remove the two screws that hold the module on the cam,change to the module you want, put the screws back in and your there.

Really,,that simple?

Montalaar
09-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah! It is really that simple! So now you have to go and buy one. And because it is so simple you might also buy a second and a third one. Just kidding. :D

Scattergun2570
09-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Ive never had a bow before,want to deer hunt with a bow. I`ve checked out Hoyt`s,PSE`s,Bowtechs..Matthews...So far, the Bengal is the one I like the best. It`s confusing getting a million opinions and specs thrown at you,not exactly knowing if any of it makes one bit of difference. I just want something that is accurate,and doesn`t vibrate so much on the shot.From what I can tell from talking and reading in the forums,all bow makers make good bows these days. It seems to me that I should just go with the one that feels best to me,,am I wrong?

alex
09-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Ive never had a bow before,want to deer hunt with a bow. I`ve checked out Hoyt`s,PSE`s,Bowtechs..Matthews...So far, the Bengal is the one I like the best. It`s confusing getting a million opinions and specs thrown at you,not exactly knowing if any of it makes one bit of difference. I just want something that is accurate,and doesn`t vibrate so much on the shot.From what I can tell from talking and reading in the forums,all bow makers make good bows these days. It seems to me that I should just go with the one that feels best to me,,am I wrong?

Well said.Try some bows and buy the one you like the most. But keep in mind that Martin bows are very good and better priced then the others.While searching have a look (and touch) at the MOAB -i think you won't regret it if you prefer it to the Bengal.

Montalaar
09-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I hope you do not want to start to bowhunt THIS season? Archery needs some training and to kill an animal with a bow you need some kind of reliable skills.

Dave308
09-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh yeah! It is really that simple! So now you have to go and buy one. And because it is so simple you might also buy a second and a third one. Just kidding. :D

Thats what I did :D

jpermenter
09-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Scattergun

I shoot with a couple guys that have bowtechs and both like my cheetah just as much as their bowtechs. My cheetah cost half of what their bows cost and I can out shoot them out to about 65 yards. I think for the price and quality I will never buy anything but a Martin. For me it is about accuracy and speed, My cheetah shoots 278 fps and the bowtechs guys i shoot with are at 277 and 278 fps. Again for half the price i will stick with my equipment. Hope you enjoy your bow no matter what you choose.

Montalaar
09-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Thats what I did :D

Oh, me too. Just waiting for the third one. :)

Scattergun2570
09-23-2009, 03:47 PM
I hope you do not want to start to bowhunt THIS season? Archery needs some training and to kill an animal with a bow you need some kind of reliable skills.

Probably not,,but I have been shooting my friends bow who is the same drawlength as I am for a month or so. I have no trouble putting 5 arrows in the boiler room at the range.

Scattergun2570
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Well said.Try some bows and buy the one you like the most. But keep in mind that Martin bows are very good and better priced then the others.While searching have a look (and touch) at the MOAB -i think you won't regret it if you prefer it to the Bengal.

From what I can tell from the specs..the only differences I see is that the axle to axle length is 1/4in longer on the MOAB. And the Brace height a bit larger on the MOAB. What are the other differences?

alex
09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
From what I can tell from the specs..the only differences I see is that the axle to axle length is 1/4in longer on the MOAB. And the Brace height a bit larger on the MOAB. What are the other differences?

Well, as far as i know there's also a difference in the angle of the limbs and may be the strings - the Pro bows have better ones.On 2009 model there's also CCS and STS.

Scattergun2570
09-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Well, as far as i know there's also a difference in the angle of the limbs and may be the strings - the Pro bows have better ones.On 2009 model there's also CCS and STS.

So does this make the MOAB shoot better,is it a better bow in general?

alex
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
I haven't shot the Bengal, but have read posts here saying the MOAB is smoother bow and i really like mine. I can only suggest to try them both and find which one suits you better :) Good luck!

Scattergun2570
09-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I haven't shot the Bengal, but have read posts here saying the MOAB is smoother bow and i really like mine. I can only suggest to try them both and find which one suits you better :) Good luck!

Yeah well that`s the trouble here in NY,dealers don`t set up a bow for people to try out. These guys expect you to somehow just know if your`e going to like it after you buy it.

The way I got to shoot the Bengal and a few other brands was asking people who I didn`t even know, to shoot their bow. Fortunately,all of them said yes,but I don`t think I am going to run into anyone shooting a MOAB at the ranges I frequent. Lots of Matthews and Hoyt`s with some Bowtechs mixed in.

bfisher
09-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah well that`s the trouble here in NY,dealers don`t set up a bow for people to try out. These guys expect you to somehow just know if your`e going to like it after you buy it.

The way I got to shoot the Bengal and a few other brands was asking people who I didn`t even know, to shoot their bow. Fortunately,all of them said yes,but I don`t think I am going to run into anyone shooting a MOAB at the ranges I frequent. Lots of Matthews and Hoyt`s with some Bowtechs mixed in.

More money than brains?? Follow the leader instead of being one, maybe?

alex
09-25-2009, 12:52 PM

That's what i did when bought my MOAB, but luckily it is a hell of a bow and for almost a year it has caused no problems. My advice is to take the risk-don't know what's the difference in price, but it can't be very big.