PDA

View Full Version : Installed string loop & now im off...is it me?

cold1984
09-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I put a string loop on my bow & i installed it correctly but now my bow is shooting left about 3 inches. I have a feeling that its me pulling the string but anyone have any suggestions?

bfisher
09-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes, most likely the change is due to the loop making you anchor farther back on your face. You compensate by pushing forward with your bow hand and pulling harder with the drawing hand. You're stretched out farther than you were and your shooting form is different.

Also, if you were just shooting off the string before then the tune of your bow/arrow combination needs tweaked a bit.

It could be either or both. My bet is the first one.

cold1984
09-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Yeah, i'm pretty positive it is me. I'm not thinking the bow's tuning is off because it is shooting left not high or low(as if the nocking point is off), I just need some practice thats all...i hope 7 days til' opening day and i want to be ready.

p.s. If you guys have ever considered using the BOWJAX silencer/vibe dampener thingies...i recommend them highly, they work for both silencing and vibration issues.

bfisher
09-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Good to know about the Bowjax. I'm sure most of us have never tried everything on the market. Thanks.

cold1984
09-24-2009, 06:58 AM
yeah, i just gave the stabilizer a try and liked it so i got a little one for my cable guard.

Montalaar
09-24-2009, 10:56 AM
yeah, i just gave the stabilizer a try and liked it so i got a little one for my cable guard.

I have one of them on my sight... Very nice thingie

cold1984
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Shot a bit more, i noticed a little pain in my upper left arm. Only when i drew back i felt it so i'm pretty sure it was me over drawing. When i get it back i just relax a bit and let it get back into the slot.

bfisher
09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Do a search on Archery Talk for Nut&Bolts. He is very good at posting pictures and explaining shooting form. What happens when you are drawing too long, especially with heavy weight, is that the bow shoulder is forced upward along with the arm. This is very stressful on the shoulder socket. Could be the cause of the pain. In any case, if it persists get the bow adjusted correctly for you and cut down on the amount of shooting to give it time to heal.

cold1984
09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Its just a technique problem..i can correct myself...i'm a pretty aware person so it shouldnt be a problem. but thanx for the heads up