PDA

View Full Version : E-clip size

warthog
09-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know what size e-clip I need for the axle on my warthog?

Just put my new limbs on and must have damaged the clip taking it off. After putting the bow back together and shooting I noticed a vibration at the top of the bow. Found that the e clip is loose to the point that it spins freely around the axle and comes off quite easily.

I don't think the hardware store would appreciate me taking my bow in to try clips.

elkslayer4x5
09-25-2009, 07:08 AM
"I don't think the hardware store would appreciate me taking my bow in to try clips. "
Well, you couuld remove said loose E clip and take that into the hardware store.

BadgerND
09-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Years ago, I bought a little box that had about a dozen e-clips of each size. Cost about $3, and I still have 90% of them left.

Montalaar
09-25-2009, 07:40 AM
You can get those e-clips boxes at many hardware stores or via online archery shops. :)

bfisher
09-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Or youy could just squeeze ita little bit with a apir of pliers. I've done this and it works. Doesn't take much.

warthog
09-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Barry!!!!

For some reason I was thinking that the clips were a spring steel and would have no memory, Put a little pressure on with my nocking pliers and problem solved.

Tried many differnet sizes that never worked. Tightened up the original and problem solved. I guess if they had no memory the thing would still be as tight as ever.

If this didn't work the clip was gonna get a string wax treatment which would have likely silenced the vibe for a while.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.