PDA

View Full Version : tiller

martinman1999
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
hey i got another quistion im trying to get awnsered i got a 2008 rytera bullet x with vipro cams on it and i would like to know if there is a certain tiller setting that martin would recomend for this bow to shoot well ive played and played with this bow to try and try to get it to paper shoot ive tryed every thing from 3 differnt arrow rest to 5 different arrow spines and lengths and i cant get this thing to aper shoot i keep getting a nock low rip and slightly left no matter how drastic the move on the rest or the nock piont on the string this keeps shooting the same so this leeds me to believe its a tiller problem but note ive just had the limbs repleced on this maybe they are just out of time but is this a possility with a solo cam bow? and is there a tiller setting any one knows of? any inut would be very helfull thanks

Montalaar
09-28-2009, 12:06 AM
As far as i know all Martin bows are set up with a tiller of 0. You can change the tiller to a maximum of 1/4", that is what is recommended. Although you can do many more...

As with every other single cam there is a need in timing it.

Oh.. And do not care so much for this dumb paper test. Much more important is the walkback tuning or french test. This will provide you with information about the arrow on different distances. Everything else does not matter.

davydtune
09-28-2009, 10:43 AM
As far as i know all Martin bows are set up with a tiller of 0. You can change the tiller to a maximum of 1/4", that is what is recommended. Although you can do many more...

As with every other single cam there is a need in timing it.

Oh.. And do not care so much for this dumb paper test. Much more important is the walkback tuning or french test. This will provide you with information about the arrow on different distances. Everything else does not matter.

Yep.

However you can't go by the normal method of measuring from the riser to the string. If you do you'll have one limb bolt out 2 or 3 turns out further than the other. This is what Nuts&Bolts over on AT told me what to do. This guy knows his stuff. ;)

I would take a piece of string
and wrap the string around the top axle
and around the bottom axle.

Tiller is intended to measure the amount of bending for the top limb and the bottom limb.

So,
if you measure to the string,
it's not entirely an accurate measurement.

So,
measure from the base of the top limb
to the piece of string around the top axle...

measure from the base of the bottom limb
to the piece of string around the bottom axle.

Do not measure to the bowstring.