PDA

View Full Version : 08 moab

notes
09-28-2009, 10:29 AM
i have a 08 moab. great bow. just installed a single pin slider. my question is for setting up yardage markers. i have a vital bow gear star trac. they use 6 indicator markers instead of sight tape. i am only using bottom half of slider. 20,30,40,50,60.can i average out slider and start with 40 yards in center or am i just being to picky.
thanks andy.

alex
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Don't understand - you won't shoot on distance less then 40 yards?

notes
09-28-2009, 02:27 PM
alex,
sorry, i am new to this. my slider is adjustable from let say 7:00 to 11:00 with 7:00 set at 20 yards and 9:00 set at 60 yards. i do not hunt over 60 yards so from 9:00 till 11:00 is i do not use. my ? is am i better of averaging of the adjustment and start so slider is in center. hard to explain. going to bow shop next week.i wiil ask then. thanks

alex
09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
:) I think i understand...Can you put the sight higher on the riser? The MOAB has only two holes for mounting, but may be your sight can be adjusted somehow? If so, you'll be able to shoot on longer then 60 yards distances. I have the same issue with my MOAB - i have 6 pins, but use only 5 (up to 60metres) because i can't put the sight lower.I guess with me part of the problem is that i shoot at about 51-54 pounds and with heavier arrows.

Montalaar
09-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Alex...
As far as i understand Andy does not want to shoot farther out than 60yards while hunting. He has loads of space under his 60 yds pin so he asked if this is okay or if he should change the sight so that e.g. the 50yds pin is in the middle of the sight so there is more space above the 20yds pin and less under the 60 yds.

Andy...
In general i would recommend you to keep what works. If you work with that and everything proved to be okay then you should not change anything at all. But that is just my own opinion.

Hoosieroutdoorsman
09-29-2009, 12:59 AM
If you mean can set it with it at 40 and leave it there for all yardages? Yes you can but will have to do alot of practicing at your various yardages. I always bought 3 pin sights and took 2 off and set the single at 25 yards and practiced from zero to 40 and had zero probs, you just have to get your bow shooting as flat as possible so you don`t have to compesate TOO much on various yardages.

alex
09-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Alex...
As far as i understand Andy does not want to shoot farther out than 60yards while hunting. He has loads of space under his 60 yds pin so he asked if this is okay or if he should change the sight so that e.g. the 50yds pin is in the middle of the sight so there is more space above the 20yds pin and less under the 60 yds.

Andy...
In general i would recommend you to keep what works. If you work with that and everything proved to be okay then you should not change anything at all. But that is just my own opinion.

Yeah, you're right, Simon.I guess i transfered my problem to Andy ;) I don't hunt, but like long range shooting and am not happy that can use pins only up to 60 metres.You're right also about not changing a working equipment :)

P.S. By the way, i know where's Bfisher, but what's up with Flytier? He used to be in this forum every day, and now he's away from weeks.

Montalaar
09-29-2009, 02:58 AM
Alex posted some weeks ago but i think he has loads of work to do so he cannot post everytime. I remember that i had the same problems some months ago so.. do not worry, i believe he will come back after season or so. :)