PDA

View Full Version : Tiller Question

Bart
09-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Ok I read the thread about tiller, just would like a confirmation before I tweek this Old in with the New Jag Bow of mine that I am trying to salvage.

Most of my years I used dual cams and set tiller with the bow string but from what I just read, with a solo cam it's from the axle.

Everyone agree with this?

Bart

Montalaar
10-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Right.

As with a smaller Idler than the cam (or vice versa) the string will be not parallel to the vertical axis of the riser. If you knot a string between both axles everything will be perfect.

Bart
10-01-2009, 04:19 AM
One more thing that's off on this bow. Looking more and more like the techs at Martin did nothing more than, put my new limbs & cam on, cranked the limbs down tight and sent it on it's way.

Thanks

Bart

scepterman30x
10-01-2009, 05:49 AM
What more were they supposed to do?

Montalaar
10-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Hey Scepterman... You have been away for a time..? :)

The question is what they were supposed to do and what you are complaining about.

scepterman30x
10-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Hey Scepterman... You have been away for a time..? :)

The question is what they were supposed to do and what you are complaining about.

This is true. On another note, I have not been away...I just don't chime in unless I am asked something specifically or no one else can or has answered a question. I am always watching and reading the replies though.

Spiker
10-02-2009, 09:33 AM
This is true. On another note, I have not been away...I just don't chime in unless I am asked something specifically or no one else can or has answered a question. I am always watching and reading the replies though.

Maybe you can help me with this project. I have a 1995 Ultimate Beast. It has the recurve XRG limbs and ultra sonic cams. It has an ATA of 42" and BH is 6 3/4". (from what I can dig up it is the same as the late '90's Pantera but with ultra sonics) I want to replace the old steel cable rigging with strings and swap the ultra sonics with a set of nitrous cams.
I plan on using the long axles (furious X) and yokes for the control cables - I dont think this will be a big issue. I guess my question is will the XRG limbs handle this? Are they the same as 'Elite' limbs? And are the axle diameters the same?
Any help - comments - wisecracks - will be greatly appreciated !

Spiker
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry Bart - didnt mean to just butt-in.

scepterman30x
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Maybe you can help me with this project. I have a 1995 Ultimate Beast. It has the recurve XRG limbs and ultra sonic cams. It has an ATA of 42" and BH is 6 3/4". (from what I can dig up it is the same as the late '90's Pantera but with ultra sonics) I want to replace the old steel cable rigging with strings and swap the ultra sonics with a set of nitrous cams.
I plan on using the long axles (furious X) and yokes for the control cables - I dont think this will be a big issue. I guess my question is will the XRG limbs handle this? Are they the same as 'Elite' limbs? And are the axle diameters the same?
Any help - comments - wisecracks - will be greatly appreciated !

It will work fine. Just make sure you take the following to heart:

1. Make sure your XRG limbs are laminated glass and not the older wood laminates...and if they are just make sure you stay away from IBO specs with it. It probably won't hurt it but better be safe than sorry.

2. I will assume you will be using NOS A cams. If so for a 42" A/A you will need a shoot string of 54.5" and buss cables of 43.75" plus or minus 1/4" for either will work in a pinch if you dont want to build or buy new strings. From my experience a string to cable difference of 10.75" is perfect (for the NOS A cam). With this combination you should have about a 60 lb. draw weight if your limbs have a deflection of 5H or 6L on the Elite/XRG limbs. Tell me what the deflection # is on them and I can give you an idea of what draw weight you will be pulling.

Spiker
10-02-2009, 06:49 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!
I haven't pulled it apart and the limb numbers are not visible yet but it max's out now at 66# so if it will go to 58#-60# after the rehab I will be stoked.
And yes it is the glass or whatever limbs - not laminated wood.