PDA

View Full Version : sts rubber bumper popping off?

JT38off
10-04-2009, 08:21 PM
i added the rubberband type string silencers to my moab and shot it about 30 times and every shot it seemed the string went past the sts to one side and on the rebound it nocked off the rubber bumper sometimes flying 10 feet beside me or behind me anyone know whats up w/ that? i cut them off and no problems the only reason i added them was to try and cut down on the thump i get on my bow.

Bart Thring
10-07-2009, 07:01 AM
I to have had trouble with the STS rubber being nocked off by the string on my 08 Slayer

1 I was torqueing the bow (stopped that and have little troubble now)
2 also changed the rubber to a larger norway rubber
3 lastly slightly adusted the post the rubber sits on to the side the of the rubber the string was going down the side off

This is what worked for me cut it out big time, still happens once in a blue moon

AlienX
10-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey i was haveing a simalar prob with mine all i did was line mine up so the string was dead nutz center of the sts and just barely touching the string. now its alot quieter probbly redundant info hope it helps some

Spiker
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey i was haveing a simalar prob with mine all i did was line mine up so the string was dead nutz center of the sts and just barely touching the string. now its alot quieter probbly redundant info hope it helps some

Same here + gorilla glue cuz thats me.