PDA

View Full Version : Martin Cougar 2000

CraigK
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Short and sweet story, last week after finishing hunting in the morning, I was doing some target practice w/my High country machine supreme when I began hearing a cracking noise. upon checking I found several cracks in my lower limbs near the riser. so this being the start of bow season and me being without a bow, I checked the want adds and found a martin Cougar 2000 w/sights,case,arrows,release, and a few more goodies for $75 bucks. I thought this Bow was either beat to death or it was a misprint. well It was neither, I bought the bow and shot it the next day. the only adjustment was lowering the sights about 2 inches. first time ever I shot w/ a release aid. From my very first shot I can say that I can place every arrow in a softball at 30 yards.
I love this Bow !! this has got to be the most accurate Bow I have ever shot in my 30 yrs.of bowhunting....I always wanted and now got a Martin Cougar. again I say, The Most accurate bow I have ever Had..
Thank You Martin Archery !!!!!!!!!!

alex
10-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Congratulations for the new old bow, have a good time with it! :)

Skbengal
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Great buy!Hope it serves you well.Good luck hunting!

Dirt Dart
10-06-2009, 06:02 AM
What Luck!

I've been looking for awhile for a 83, 84, or 85 Martin Cougar Magnum. I'd like to have a finger bow for those days I feel the need to go old-school.

CraigK
10-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks Guys,
This bow shoots extremely well, I really am enjoying it. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. Caught myself drawing it back about 20 times just looking through the sights the other day while in my treestand, probably scared every deer in the county away from me.:D

scepterman30x
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
I have two of them. Every one that sees me shoot them loves the way they look. The Cougar M-2000 was way ahead of its time and still is. I spanked some serious tail with that bow and would put it up against any bow accuracy wise. It's hard to re-invent the wheel. I think it holds about better than any bow I have and the grip is located in a position that puts the arrow closer to the actual center of the bow but is not so low that it is unforgiving.
I like the way it looks better than the latter Cougars that came out.

flytier17
11-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Not famaliar with the looks of the M2000. Could you post a pic of your bow scepterman?

Alec