PDA

View Full Version : Drop away rest on a 08 Firecat

dave_cool
10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I currently have a whisker biscuit on my 08 Firecat because the guy at the pro shop told me that drop aways dont work well with the double cam bows. Is this true? I had one one mt Tracer and I loved it.

Dave

Montalaar
10-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Just try it out. They should work well but in my eyes it's a thing of personal preference. I use blade rests only like the SpotHogg with a spring steel rest.

Have a look at the Limbdriver rests. I heard that they will work much better than the normal drop aways. If using a device like that it does not matter which cam system is on the bow.

AlienX
10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Dunno bout that im using a QAD pro hunter drop away without any issues when hunting is over for the season im goin to switch to my old 3D rover little more accutate and easyer to adjust. Anyway Im rambeling yes a drop away will work an a dual cam bow

davydtune
10-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I sure hope they do, I have two of them on Slayers.:D

They work just fine on two cam bows. Actually the CAT cams are not really true two cams anyhow. They will work fine on your bow.;)

dave_cool
10-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I figured the dealer was blo'in smoke....

Dave

Rockyhud
10-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I've had a Limb Driver rest on my Firecat since I bought the bow new in September of 2008 and I've never had even one issue with it. I use it for recreational shooting in our rural yard year round as well as hunting and can't imagine wanting any other. It just works great and is very easy to setup. I highly recommend it.

bfisher
10-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I figured the dealer was blo'in smoke....

Dave

Maybe not blowing smoke, as you say. Just that many have different opinions. I've tried many different droppers, but when it gets down to simplicity I still like a blade.

The thing is many people don't know how to set up a dropper properly or if something moved they have no idea how to correct it. Get one timed right and it can work very well. Then over time, as the string/cable creeps, the timing of the rest also changes. Things like this don't happen with more simple rests. They just sit there and do their job.